- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Denis Law backs Man Utd’s Robin van Persie to start firing again
Former Manchester United striker Denis Law says Robin van Persie shouldn't be concerned by his recent goalless run
Denis Law insists Manchester United striker Robin van Persie should not be concerned by his recent goalless run ahead of the Red Devils’ trip to Stoke City on Sunday.
And Law, who scored 237 goals during a 11-year spell at United, is confident Van Persie will soon find the back of the net again and rediscover his goal-scoring form.
“If you look back through the careers of all strikers you will always have a spell where you’re not scoring,” he told talkSPORT.
“You have a situation where you hit the post, the keeper makes a fantastic or the ball just runs away from you.
“But if you said to most managers around the world, ‘would you like Robin van Persie in your team?’ even during this lean spell, then everybody would say yes.
“Being a striker is a strange position. When you’re scoring goals you go out and think you’re going to score every game.
“But equally when you have a lean spell, you think ‘when am I going to score again’. You have to score sometime though and, once you’ve scored, then you’ll be on your run again.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck
- RVP: Falcao will have to earn Man Utd place
- Rooney thrilled by Falcao arrival
- Özil marks anniversary of Arsenal move
- Kagawa and Liverpool legend seal German moves