- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
Denis Law backs Man Utd’s Robin van Persie to start firing again
Former Manchester United striker Denis Law says Robin van Persie shouldn't be concerned by his recent goalless run
Denis Law insists Manchester United striker Robin van Persie should not be concerned by his recent goalless run ahead of the Red Devils’ trip to Stoke City on Sunday.
And Law, who scored 237 goals during a 11-year spell at United, is confident Van Persie will soon find the back of the net again and rediscover his goal-scoring form.
“If you look back through the careers of all strikers you will always have a spell where you’re not scoring,” he told talkSPORT.
“You have a situation where you hit the post, the keeper makes a fantastic or the ball just runs away from you.
“But if you said to most managers around the world, ‘would you like Robin van Persie in your team?’ even during this lean spell, then everybody would say yes.
“Being a striker is a strange position. When you’re scoring goals you go out and think you’re going to score every game.
“But equally when you have a lean spell, you think ‘when am I going to score again’. You have to score sometime though and, once you’ve scored, then you’ll be on your run again.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers
- Twitter reacts to Arsenal's £16m signing
- Arsenal give Chambers No21 shirt
- Walcott welcomes Chambers to Arsenal