- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Photos: Alexis Sánchez joins Arsenal squad ahead of Emirates Cup
- Three reasons why Arturo Vidal should join Man Utd
- Liverpool legend wanted Romelu Lukaku to get Everton’s No9 shirt
Ryan Bertrand insists Chelsea used to hectic fixture schedule
Defender Ryan Bertrand insists that Chelsea are used to having a hectic fixture schedule at this stage of the season
Ryan Bertrand insists Chelsea are used to having a hectic fixture schedule at this stage of the season.
But 23-year-old Bertrand insists that a busy schedule comes as a result of being at a club of Chelsea’s stature ahead of their Europa League quarter-final first leg against Rubin Kazan on Thursday.
“We just prepare and recover as each game comes,” said Bertrand. “We focus on the next game. Being at a big club like this, we’re used to playing in nearly every competition.”
Ashley Cole has been ruled out of action for at least two weeks after limping out of Monday’s FA Cup clash with a groin injury.
And fellow left-back Bertrand insists that he is ready to step into Cole’s shoes. “It’s a chance for me to come in and play in the next few games,” he continued.
“It’s important I just focus on the next game and make sure we get the right results.”
Bertrand added: “He [Cole] has been a focal point for my career even before he was at Chelsea.
“He was someone I used to look up to and watch. Having him at Chelsea has been a chance for me to see it first-hand, how he goes about his work day in, day out.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodríguez urges Cuadrado to join Barcelona
- 'Van Gaal won't make same mistakes as Moyes'
- Lamela hoping for 'big season' at Spurs
- Ramsey thrilled to see Walcott return to training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Wenger tells Gerrard