- Man Utd transfers: ‘Marco Reus rejected Red Devils move’
- Transfer round-up: Di Maria to sign for Man Utd, Arsenal target Manolas
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Man Utd transfers: Marcos Rojo drops Angel Di Maria hint
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Tottenham transfers: ‘Mateo Musacchio set to snub Spurs’
Ryan Bertrand insists Chelsea used to hectic fixture schedule
Defender Ryan Bertrand insists that Chelsea are used to having a hectic fixture schedule at this stage of the season
Ryan Bertrand insists Chelsea are used to having a hectic fixture schedule at this stage of the season.
But 23-year-old Bertrand insists that a busy schedule comes as a result of being at a club of Chelsea’s stature ahead of their Europa League quarter-final first leg against Rubin Kazan on Thursday.
“We just prepare and recover as each game comes,” said Bertrand. “We focus on the next game. Being at a big club like this, we’re used to playing in nearly every competition.”
Ashley Cole has been ruled out of action for at least two weeks after limping out of Monday’s FA Cup clash with a groin injury.
And fellow left-back Bertrand insists that he is ready to step into Cole’s shoes. “It’s a chance for me to come in and play in the next few games,” he continued.
“It’s important I just focus on the next game and make sure we get the right results.”
Bertrand added: “He [Cole] has been a focal point for my career even before he was at Chelsea.
“He was someone I used to look up to and watch. Having him at Chelsea has been a chance for me to see it first-hand, how he goes about his work day in, day out.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ox: Arsenal spirit beginning to show
- Van Gaal hails 'very talented' Rojo
- Moreno: Leaving Sevilla was 'painful'
- Rojo ready for 'big step forward' in career
- Liverpool suffer Bakkali setback