- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Arsenal transfers: Gunners warned off move for Rémy Cabella
Arsenal transfers: Montpellier warn Gunners that Rémy Cabella would cost the north Londoners more than £85m this summer
Arsenal have been warned that they would have to part with more than £85m if they want sign Rémy Cabella from Montpellier this summer.
Arsenal have been linked with a move for the 23-year-old France Under-21 midfielder, who faced the Gunners twice in the Champions League last season.
Cabella has scored seven goals and made eight assists in 30 Ligue 1 appearances for Montpellier this season and Arsène Wenger is believed to be a keen admirer of the playmaker.
But Montpellier deputy chairman Laurent Nicollin has dismissed the suggestion that Cabella could follow striker Olivier Giroud to north London by insisting that the French club are determined to keep the midfielder.
“He is non-transferable. We try to anticipate and plan things, even in football, but it’s complicated,” Nicollin told RMC.
“The desire of the club is to keep Rémy – he was told and knows this. If a club arrives and offers €100m, it will be discussed though.”
Meanwhile, Auxerre forward Yaya Sanogo has described Arsenal as a “great club” at which to further his career after Wenger confirmed the Gunners are close to a deal for the 20-year-old.
Sanogo said: “Arsenal could be a great club for me. I scored nine goals this season with Auxerre and they think I can improve my level in England.
“There are many teams interested in me, but Arsenal is my choice.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Big wins for Aberdeen and Dundee
- Phelan: Welbeck exit has 'broken' Man Utd's identity
- Arsenal's Wilshere: Welbeck joining a great club
- Borini posts cryptic Instagram message
- Ricky who? Sterling had to Google Rodgers joke