- Aaron Ramsey thrilled to see Theo Walcott return to Arsenal training
- Photos: Alexis Sánchez joins Arsenal squad ahead of Emirates Cup
- Photos: Jack Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Arsène Wenger tells Liverpool captain
- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere in best shape for years, declares Arsène Wenger
Arsenal transfers: Gunners warned off move for Rémy Cabella
Arsenal transfers: Montpellier warn Gunners that Rémy Cabella would cost the north Londoners more than £85m this summer
Arsenal have been warned that they would have to part with more than £85m if they want sign Rémy Cabella from Montpellier this summer.
Arsenal have been linked with a move for the 23-year-old France Under-21 midfielder, who faced the Gunners twice in the Champions League last season.
Cabella has scored seven goals and made eight assists in 30 Ligue 1 appearances for Montpellier this season and Arsène Wenger is believed to be a keen admirer of the playmaker.
But Montpellier deputy chairman Laurent Nicollin has dismissed the suggestion that Cabella could follow striker Olivier Giroud to north London by insisting that the French club are determined to keep the midfielder.
“He is non-transferable. We try to anticipate and plan things, even in football, but it’s complicated,” Nicollin told RMC.
“The desire of the club is to keep Rémy – he was told and knows this. If a club arrives and offers €100m, it will be discussed though.”
Meanwhile, Auxerre forward Yaya Sanogo has described Arsenal as a “great club” at which to further his career after Wenger confirmed the Gunners are close to a deal for the 20-year-old.
Sanogo said: “Arsenal could be a great club for me. I scored nine goals this season with Auxerre and they think I can improve my level in England.
“There are many teams interested in me, but Arsenal is my choice.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodríguez urges Cuadrado to join Barcelona
- 'Van Gaal won't make same mistakes as Moyes'
- Lamela hoping for 'big season' at Spurs
- Ramsey thrilled to see Walcott return to training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Wenger tells Gerrard