- Man Utd transfers: Marcos Rojo drops Angel Di Maria hint
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
Chelsea transfers: John Terry wants to stay, insists Frank Lampard
Chelsea transfers: Frank Lampard says Blues skipper John Terry wants to stay at Stamford Bridge
Frank Lampard believes captain John Terry wants to sign a new deal to extend his stay at Chelsea.
The 34-year-old, who became Chelsea’s record goal-scorer in May, penned a new one-year deal earlier this week to end speculation surrounding the midfielder’s future.
Terry’s current contract is set to expire at the end of the 2013-14 campaign, and Lampard reckons the defender would be happy to commit to a new deal with the newly-crowned Europa League champions.
“I know JT will want to stay, he’s said he’d love to stay at Chelsea. He feels the same as me,” Lampard told the Sun.
“Why play anywhere else when you love the club you’re at? JT’s the captain of the club and does a brilliant job.
“At the start of next season, I think that’s when the club will take a view on it. I know what my view would be.”
Terry has been limited to 27 appearances for Chelsea this season with the centre-half out-of-favour under former interim manager Rafael Benítez.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Owen: Rodgers will control Balotelli
- Cazorla's 'morale high' after Arsenal successes
- PHOTOS: Rooney & RVP star in Man Utd training
- VIDEO: Gibbs & Ox nominate Marriner for Ice Bucket Challenge
- Seven players who could rescue Man Utd