- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
Chelsea transfers: John Terry wants to stay, insists Frank Lampard
Chelsea transfers: Frank Lampard says Blues skipper John Terry wants to stay at Stamford Bridge
Frank Lampard believes captain John Terry wants to sign a new deal to extend his stay at Chelsea.
The 34-year-old, who became Chelsea’s record goal-scorer in May, penned a new one-year deal earlier this week to end speculation surrounding the midfielder’s future.
Terry’s current contract is set to expire at the end of the 2013-14 campaign, and Lampard reckons the defender would be happy to commit to a new deal with the newly-crowned Europa League champions.
“I know JT will want to stay, he’s said he’d love to stay at Chelsea. He feels the same as me,” Lampard told the Sun.
“Why play anywhere else when you love the club you’re at? JT’s the captain of the club and does a brilliant job.
“At the start of next season, I think that’s when the club will take a view on it. I know what my view would be.”
Terry has been limited to 27 appearances for Chelsea this season with the centre-half out-of-favour under former interim manager Rafael Benítez.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck