- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
Chelsea transfers: Romelu Lukaku shows interest in Dortmund switch
Chelsea transfers: Romelu Lukaku expresses an interest in joining Borussia Dortmund on loan next season
Romelu Lukaku has admitted he would be interested in a switch to Borussia Dortmund if Chelsea send the striker out on loan again next season.
The Baggies and West Ham United have already expressed an interest in securing his services for the 2013-14 campaign, but Lukaku appears to have his eyes set on a move to the Bundesliga.
“I’ll start the season with Chelsea then I will speak with the management to discuss the best choice. I am a realist,” Lukaku told the Sun.
“I still need to grow and for that I need to have time to play during the next season. Dortmund would be a good choice.”
The 20-year-old has only made eight Premier League appearances for Chelsea after completing an initial £10m switch to Stamford Bridge from Anderlecht in August 2011.
On Wednesday, West Ham United co-owner David Sullivan admitted it would be a dream to partner the Chelsea forward with Andy Carroll next season.
“Lukaku would be a loan again. We’d maybe buy him a year later if Chelsea decide they don’t want him,” Sullivan told the Daily Mirror.
“If we sign Andy, it would be a record signing for the club. He and Romelu would be devastating. The best strike-force outside of the top six or seven.
“Lukaku has been amazing for West Brom this season and I’d hope that he would prefer to live in London.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Owen: Falcao is signing of the summer
- Is Falcao the signing Man Utd need?
- Falcao is top buy, declares Ronaldo
- PHOTO: Arsenal & Liverpool stars go to the cinema
- Cech won't rule out Chelsea exit