- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal rules out any further signings
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd to sign £34m Vidal, Arsenal target Cavani
- Wenger gives latest Arsenal injury update ahead of Besiktas clash
- Vertonghen & more: Twitter reacts as Dawson swaps Tottenham for Hull
- Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger refuses to rule out further signings
- Photos: Podolski and Sánchez ready for Arsenal’s European showdown
Chelsea transfers: Thibaut Courtois unsure where his future lies
Chelsea transfers: Thibaut Courtois is unsure about his future beyond the summer after another successful season at Atlético
Thibaut Courtois admits he is unsure about his future beyond the summer after another successful season at Atlético Madrid on loan from Chelsea.
The 21-year-old goalkeeper has been on loan at the Spanish club for two seasons since signing for the Blues from Genk back in 2011.
Courtois helped Atlético win the Copa del Rey after a 2-1 victory over Real Madrid last week and also lifted the Uefa Super Cup after 4-1 win over Chelsea back in August.
And the Belgian shot-stopper has revealed that he is not sure if he will return to Stamford Bridge or be sent out on loan again next season.
“I signed with Chelsea, not just because it is a big club but also because of its commitment to young players,” Courtois told the Independent. “I want to be part of Chelsea history.
“If the new manager says, ‘I want Courtois as my first choice’, that is how it will be. But Petr Cech is a world-class goalkeeper who plays every game at such a high level.
“Chelsea have always been very fair with me and they are also smart people and they know that I need to play.
“I don’t know where that will be but I do know I have proved myself in the two years I have been here [in Madrid].”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Costa and Fàbregas thrill Chelsea fans
- Zigic 'offered Arsenal contract'
- Balotelli sports Liverpool-inspired tattoo
- Marcelo 'very sad' to see Di Maria leave
- Thompson: Rodgers should sign Puncheon