- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
- ‘Rene Meulensteen return would be great news for Man Utd’
Man City 1 West Brom 0: Roberto Mancini pleased with ‘important’ win
Man City 1 West Brom 0: Roberto Mancini is satisfied after Citizens book their place in next season's Champions League
Roberto Mancini expressed his satisfaction after watching his side book their place in next season’s Champions League with victory over West Bromwich Albion.
Edin Dzeko struck the winner in the 35th minute at the Etihad Stadium when he volleyed home from close range after Carlos Tevez’s effort rebounded off the crossbar.
Mancini, whose side take on Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup final on Saturday, made eight changes to his starting line-up.
And the Italian was thrilled with the victory, which guarantees City’s place in Europe’s elite club competition next season.
“It was a difficult game because we changed a lot of players but it was important for us to win the game,” Mancini said after watching his side keep their 17th clean sheet of the season.
“After 10 minutes we started to play better and we missed five incredible chances to score which made it difficult for us in the second half.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Fletcher: Man Utd must believe in Van Gaal
- Drogba: Costa a 'special' Chelsea player
- Ramsey: Arsenal must be more clinical
- Redknapp: It was good Balotelli didn't score
- Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Gerrard