- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Vertonghen & more: Twitter reacts as Dawson swaps Tottenham for Hull
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal rules out any further signings
- Rooney, Lineker & more: Twitter reacts as Di Maria completes Man Utd move
Man City 1 West Brom 0: Roberto Mancini pleased with ‘important’ win
Man City 1 West Brom 0: Roberto Mancini is satisfied after Citizens book their place in next season's Champions League
Roberto Mancini expressed his satisfaction after watching his side book their place in next season’s Champions League with victory over West Bromwich Albion.
Edin Dzeko struck the winner in the 35th minute at the Etihad Stadium when he volleyed home from close range after Carlos Tevez’s effort rebounded off the crossbar.
Mancini, whose side take on Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup final on Saturday, made eight changes to his starting line-up.
And the Italian was thrilled with the victory, which guarantees City’s place in Europe’s elite club competition next season.
“It was a difficult game because we changed a lot of players but it was important for us to win the game,” Mancini said after watching his side keep their 17th clean sheet of the season.
“After 10 minutes we started to play better and we missed five incredible chances to score which made it difficult for us in the second half.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Origi explains why he picked Liverpool over Spurs
- Adebayor issues Spurs rallying cry
- Pochettino won't rule out new signings
- 'Madrid didn't appreciate Di Maria'
- Rooney: I'll seek Gerrard's advice about captaincy