- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Three reasons why Arturo Vidal should join Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Man City 1 West Brom 0: Roberto Mancini pleased with ‘important’ win
Man City 1 West Brom 0: Roberto Mancini is satisfied after Citizens book their place in next season's Champions League
Roberto Mancini expressed his satisfaction after watching his side book their place in next season’s Champions League with victory over West Bromwich Albion.
Edin Dzeko struck the winner in the 35th minute at the Etihad Stadium when he volleyed home from close range after Carlos Tevez’s effort rebounded off the crossbar.
Mancini, whose side take on Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup final on Saturday, made eight changes to his starting line-up.
And the Italian was thrilled with the victory, which guarantees City’s place in Europe’s elite club competition next season.
“It was a difficult game because we changed a lot of players but it was important for us to win the game,” Mancini said after watching his side keep their 17th clean sheet of the season.
“After 10 minutes we started to play better and we missed five incredible chances to score which made it difficult for us in the second half.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ramsey wishes Jenkinson luck at West Ham
- Grenier rubbishes Lyon exit speculation
- 'Arsenal will need to activate Quintero's clause'
- Evans lifts lid on Van Gaal's methods
- Campbell: I'm good enough for Arsenal