- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
Tottenham transfers: ‘Gareth Bale honoured by Real Madrid link’
Tottenham transfers: Gareth Bale would be interested in discussing a potential summer move to Real Madrid, according to his agent
Gareth Bale would be interested in discussing a potential summer transfer to Real Madrid, according to the Tottenham star’s agent.
Bale, who watched the north Londoners miss out on qualification for next season’s Champions League by one point, was earlier this month reported to be on the verge of signing a new Spurs contract worth in the region of £170,000 a week.
But Bale’s agent Jonathan Barnett has fuelled speculation linking the PFA player of the year with a move away from White Hart Lane by insisting that his client would be “honoured” to discuss a potential move with Los Blancos.
“For somebody like Real Madrid to be interested in Bale, it’s a great honour,” Barnett is quoted as saying by Metro. “We would listen to them definitely – Bale has proved himself in the best league in the world.
“Bale is better than Neymar – he’s proved himself better already.
“I hope any club who wants him, would want him not because they lost out on Neymar, but because he’s their first choice.
“But whatever Neymar cost, Bale is worth more.”
Earlier this month, Real Madrid ambassador Zinedine Zidane suggested that the Spanish club would not be put off by a high asking price for Bale.
“Tottenham could demand £40m, £50m, maybe even £60m for him,” said Zidane. “It is a lot of money, but there are maybe three or four teams in the world that can pay that sort of transfer fee, and it won’t put them off.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck