- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
Tottenham transfers: Sergio Ramos urges Gareth Bale to join Real Madrid
Tottenham transfers: Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos wants Spurs winger Gareth Bale to move to Los Blancos
Sergio Ramos has described Gareth Bale as a “Real Madrid-quality signing” amid growing uncertainty surrounding the forward’s Tottenham future.
Bale scored 21 Premier League goals this season, scooping the PFA player of the year award for his performances, and Ramos backed Madrid’s pursuit of the Wales international.
“Gareth Bale is a Real Madrid-quality signing,” Ramos told the Sun.
“He has had an exceptional season. He can punish any team in the world and has the footballing qualities we look for in Madrid.
“I am sure Madrid will not be the only team that want to sign him, but he is the right mould for us.”
On Wednesday, Bale indicated that despite being disappointed with Tottenham’s failure to finish in the top four, he was ready to stay at White Hart Lane.
“We fought hard this season, the team and the manager have been great,” Bale added. “We have got the record points for the club in the Premier League,” Bale told the club’s website.
“That would normally be enough to qualify for the Champions League, but it’s not meant to be again.
“It’s disappointing, but we will pick ourselves up again.
“We will just have to regroup this season and give it another go.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Everton sign Lukaku
- Photos: Arsenal train in Austria
- Scholes: Wilshere can come of age
- Scholes: Rooney be next Man Uatd captain
- Three reasons why Chelsea isn't right for Lukaku