- Man Utd transfers: ‘Marco Reus rejected Red Devils move’
- Transfer round-up: Di Maria to sign for Man Utd, Arsenal target Manolas
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Tottenham transfers: ‘Mateo Musacchio set to snub Spurs’
- Arsenal’s Calum Chambers looks like top defender, says Liverpool legend
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Brendan Rodgers needs to sign striker to win the title’
West Ham United boss Sam Allardyce signs new two-year deal
Sam Allardyce has signed a new two-year contract with West Ham United, the club's chairman David Gold has said
Sam Allardyce has signed a new two-year contract with West Ham United, the club’s chairman David Gold has said.
Allardyce, 58, revealed that he was close to agreeing an extension to his current deal after guiding the east London club to Premier League safety in their first season back in the Premier League.
And Gold wrote on Twitter: “I am delighted to announce that our manager Sam Allardyce has signed a new two year contract.”
Allardyce, who has been in charge of the Upton Park outfit since June 2011, was expecting to sign a new deal next week.
“We are getting ready to travel on Saturday and we are concentrating on Everton,” he said on Friday. “But by early or next midweek I will be looking to put pen to paper.
“There were processes we had to go through and put it together in the right way, which it has now. I never thought there would be any problem – and there hasn’t.
“There has been some issue with the legal jargon in the contract which I couldn’t understand so that has to go to both sides lawyers to agree and then it gets signed. The size of a manager’s contract is pretty substantial in terms of responsibilities.”
West Ham are currently eight points above the relegation zone in 10th place ahead of Sunday’s trip to Everton.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Wenger plays down chances of more signings
- Besiktas 0 Arsenal 0: Three talking points
- Carragher: Chambers looks like top defender
- Wenger fumes over Ramsey red card as Arsenal held