- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
André Villas-Boas: It will be ‘special’ to play José Mourinho’s Chelsea
André Villas-Boas is looking forward to pitting his wits against José Mourinho's Chelsea with Tottenham next season
André Villas-Boas says he is looking forward to pitting his wits against José Mourinho’s Chelsea with Tottenham next season.
The Spurs boss worked as a coach under Mourinho during his first spell in charge of the Blues and also during his time at Inter Milan before taking over at Porto in 2010.
And the 35-year-old Tottenham manager is relishing the chance to come up against one of his former mentors next season.
“It will be special to play against Chelsea, particularly against a person who was instrumental in my career,” Villas-Boas told A Bola. “It will be great to meet Mourinho.”
Villas-Boas also moved to end the speculation linking him with the Paris Saint-Germain job, insisting that he is fully committed to Spurs.
“I have had a friendship for some time with the president of PSG,” Villas-Boas said. “He is a friend, we speak regularly, but my commitment is with Tottenham.
“It was the club that allowed me to return to the Premier League and I feel good there.”
Villas-Boas led Tottenham to a fifth-place finish in the Premier League in his first season in charge of the north London club.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Arsenal train in Austria
- Scholes: Wilshere can come of age
- Scholes: Rooney be next Man Uatd captain
- Three reasons why Chelsea isn't right for Lukaku
- Lukaku ready to 'write new chapter'