- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Vertonghen & more: Twitter reacts as Dawson swaps Tottenham for Hull
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal rules out any further signings
- Rooney, Lineker & more: Twitter reacts as Di Maria completes Man Utd move
Arsenal transfers: Gervinho flattered by interest from Marseille
Arsenal transfers: Gunners striker Gervinho admits he is flattered by interest from Marseille
Gervinho admits he is flattered by reported interest from Marseille amid continuing uncertainty surrounding the striker’s Arsenal future.
The 26-year-old scored five goals in just 12 Premier League starts this season, inevitably leading to reports the former Lille man could be set to depart the north London side in the summer.
“If I want to leave Arsenal, there will be plenty of takers, Marseille being one,” Gervinho told Ivory Coast newspaper Le Patriote.
“They are a big club, I can say yes or no, but it is always flattering to see teams interested in you.”
Last week, Marseille assistant manager Franck Passis confirmed the club, who finished as runners-up behind Paris Saint-Germain last season, felt the
African would fit into their vision moving forward.
“This is a profile that interests us,” said assistant manager Passi.
“We want wide players, with dribbling, passing and scoring ability, and Gervinho fits this profile.”
Gervinho has scored 11 goals and made 13 assists in 63 Premier League appearances after completing a reported £10.8m move to the Gunners from Lille in
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Wenger open to further Arsenal signings
- Giroud ruled out until December
- PHOTOS: Sánchez fires Arsenal into group stage
- Man Utd are a joke! Carragher makes Twitter dig