- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Arsenal transfers: Marseille confirm interest in Gervinho
Arsenal transfers: Marseille assistant manager Franck Passis confirms l'OM's interest in Gunners striker Gervinho
Marseille are interested in signing Arsenal striker Gervinho on loan, according to the club’s assistant manager.
The 26-year-old scored five goals in just 12 Premier League starts this season, inevitably leading to reports the former Lille man could be set to depart the north London side in the summer.
And Franck Passis revealed l’OM, who finished as runners-up behind Paris Saint-Germain last season, feel the African would fit into the club’s vision moving forward.
“This is a profile that interests us,” said assistant manager Passi.
“We want wide players, with dribbling, passing and scoring ability, and Gervinho fits this profile.”
Gervinho recently expressed his desire to see out his current Gunners contract amid speculation linking him with a switch to Galatasaray.
“I have a contract until 2015 with Arsenal and I intend to honour it,” said Gervinho.
“There is always speculation in the papers, but I am looking forward to a good holiday and to come back to Arsenal.
“I want to win my place in the starting line-up week in, week out.”
Gervinho has scored 11 goals and made 13 assists in 63 Premier League appearances after completing a reported £10.8m move to the Gunners from Lille in July 2011.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings