- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Branislav Ivanović looking forward to ‘tough’ José Mourinho reign
Branislav Ivanović reveals his delight at seeing José Mourinho return to Chelsea but is braced for "hard work"
Branislav Ivanović has revealed his delight at seeing José Mourinho return to Chelsea this summer – but is braced for “hard work” under the Portuguese coach.
The 50-year-old signed a four-year deal to become Blues boss for a second time on Monday, two days after overseeing his final game in charge of Real Madrid.
And Ivanović, who joined Chelsea from Lokomotiv Moscow in 2008 just a few months after Mourinho left the club for the first time, is relishing the prospect of working under the former Porto and Inter Milan boss.
“I am really happy because it is a pleasure to work with one of the best managers in the world,” said Ivanović.
“I know it is going to be hard and very tough, but I am looking forward to that.
“I think he is the best we could have expected for Chelsea and everyone who loves the club. Fans will be excited to see him.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings