“The car feels pretty good and I feel like I’m pretty on it this weekend,” said Hamilton after the second session in Montreal.
“I wouldn’t say it’s a big step forward. I still don’t feel right in the car for some reason. I don’t know if it’s my seat.
“Today I was doing my belts up really tight, which I never do.”
Hamilton added: “I don’t know what the tyres look like in terms of wear, but they’re feeling quite good.
“They [the team] told me to push the last couple of laps which I was able to do as I had the grip.
“But everyone’s going to be in the same boat. I don’t think we’re trouble at the moment.”
1. Fernando Alonso Spain Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 14.818s
2. Lewis Hamilton Britain Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 14.830s
3. Romain Grosjean France Lotus-Renault 1m 15.083s
4. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 1m 15.212s
5. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 15.249s
6. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 15.254s
7. Sebastian Vettel Germany Red Bull-Renault 1m 15.280s
8. Adrian Sutil Germany Force India-Mercedes 1m 15.396s
10. Daniel Ricciardo Australia Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 15.566s
11. Kimi Raikkonen Finland Lotus-Renault 1m 15.599s
12. Sergio Perez Mexico McLaren-Mercedes 1m 15.661s
13. Paul di Resta Britain Force India-Mercedes 1m 15.855s
14. Pastor Maldonado Venezuela Williams-Renault 1m 16.319s
15. Jean-Eric Vergne France Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 16.351s
16. Valtteri Bottas Finland Williams-Renault 1m 16.374s
17. Esteban Gutierrez Mexico Sauber-Ferrari 1m 16.475s
18. Nico Hulkenberg Germany Sauber-Ferrari 1m 16.929s
19. Jules Bianchi France Marussia-Cosworth 1m 17.070s
20. Charles Pic France Caterham-Renault 1m 17.236s
21. Max Chilton Britain Marussia-Cosworth 1m 17.888s
22. Giedo van der Garde Holland Caterham-Renault 1m 18.392s
23. Alexander Rossi America Caterham-Renault 1m 27.143s*
Fancy a flutter on the football? Claim your £20 in free bets when you bet £5 with Paddy Power!