- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Photo: Luis Suárez gives Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard Barca shirt
- Arsenal transfers: Ray Parlour urges Gunners to sign Edinson Cavani
Chelsea transfers: Blues interest in Marco van Ginkel confirmed
Chelsea transfers: Blues nterested in signing Marco van Ginkel from Vitesse this summer, midfielder's agent confirms
Chelsea are interested in signing Marco van Ginkel from Vitesse this summer, the midfielder’s agent has confirmed.
The 20-year-old Netherlands international has been touted as a possible target for the Blues as the west Londoners look to bolster their midfield options.
The highly-rated youngster scored 12 goals and made 12 assists in 41 appearances for Vitesse last season.
And Van Ginkel’s agent Karel Jansen has now confirmed the Blues’ interest in his client, although he admits his future is still unclear.
“Chelsea are interested, we don’t deny it,” Jansen told De Telegraaf. “But there are more clubs. Ajax had made official contact with Vitesse but they don’t want to talk with them.
“The situation is that we wait until after the the European Under-21s Championship and then will look for the best step.”
He added: “Marco still has two years under contract at the GelreDome, so we don’t know if he will leave Arnhem.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck