- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Photos: Alexis Sánchez joins Arsenal squad ahead of Emirates Cup
- Three reasons why Arturo Vidal should join Man Utd
- Liverpool legend wanted Romelu Lukaku to get Everton’s No9 shirt
Chelsea transfers: Blues interest in Marco van Ginkel confirmed
Chelsea transfers: Blues nterested in signing Marco van Ginkel from Vitesse this summer, midfielder's agent confirms
Chelsea are interested in signing Marco van Ginkel from Vitesse this summer, the midfielder’s agent has confirmed.
The 20-year-old Netherlands international has been touted as a possible target for the Blues as the west Londoners look to bolster their midfield options.
The highly-rated youngster scored 12 goals and made 12 assists in 41 appearances for Vitesse last season.
And Van Ginkel’s agent Karel Jansen has now confirmed the Blues’ interest in his client, although he admits his future is still unclear.
“Chelsea are interested, we don’t deny it,” Jansen told De Telegraaf. “But there are more clubs. Ajax had made official contact with Vitesse but they don’t want to talk with them.
“The situation is that we wait until after the the European Under-21s Championship and then will look for the best step.”
He added: “Marco still has two years under contract at the GelreDome, so we don’t know if he will leave Arnhem.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodríguez urges Cuadrado to join Barcelona
- 'Van Gaal won't make same mistakes as Moyes'
- Lamela hoping for 'big season' at Spurs
- Ramsey thrilled to see Walcott return to training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Wenger tells Gerrard