- Man Utd transfers: ‘Marco Reus rejected Red Devils move’
- Transfer round-up: Di Maria to sign for Man Utd, Arsenal target Manolas
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Tottenham transfers: ‘Mateo Musacchio set to snub Spurs’
- Arsenal’s Calum Chambers looks like top defender, says Liverpool legend
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Brendan Rodgers needs to sign striker to win the title’
Chelsea transfers: Napoli expect Edinson Cavani decision in July
Chelsea transfers: Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis says he expects Edinson Cavani's future to be resolved in July
Napoli expect Edinson Cavani’s future to be resolved by 20 July, according to the Serie A side’s president Aurelio De Laurentiis.
The 26-year-old has a £54m release clause in his contract which expires on 10 August, but De Laurentiis is optimistic Cavani will have decided his future by the deadline.
“I don’t think Cavani will leave on 10th August, when his buyout clause expires,” De Laurentiis told Radio Rai.
“I’m confident in him, because I consider him a real man. He won’t make me a joke of me.
“Should Cavani want to leave, he will decide it after a long period of reflection.
“But by 20 July we will probably know everything about his future.”
On Saturday, the Napoli striker expressed his interest in a potential move to Chelsea or Real Madrid – who are the only side to have lodged a bid.
“In this moment I don’t know [anything] about my future,” Cavani told Ovacion.
“It will be difficult to say no if there will be offers of Chelsea or Real Madrid.
“I will do my 100 per cent only for the club that will show strong interest in my person. In this moment there isn’t nothing concrete.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Wenger plays down chances of more signings
- Besiktas 0 Arsenal 0: Three talking points
- Carragher: Chambers looks like top defender
- Wenger fumes over Ramsey red card as Arsenal held