- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
Chelsea transfers: Napoli expect Edinson Cavani decision in July
Chelsea transfers: Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis says he expects Edinson Cavani's future to be resolved in July
Napoli expect Edinson Cavani’s future to be resolved by 20 July, according to the Serie A side’s president Aurelio De Laurentiis.
The 26-year-old has a £54m release clause in his contract which expires on 10 August, but De Laurentiis is optimistic Cavani will have decided his future by the deadline.
“I don’t think Cavani will leave on 10th August, when his buyout clause expires,” De Laurentiis told Radio Rai.
“I’m confident in him, because I consider him a real man. He won’t make me a joke of me.
“Should Cavani want to leave, he will decide it after a long period of reflection.
“But by 20 July we will probably know everything about his future.”
On Saturday, the Napoli striker expressed his interest in a potential move to Chelsea or Real Madrid – who are the only side to have lodged a bid.
“In this moment I don’t know [anything] about my future,” Cavani told Ovacion.
“It will be difficult to say no if there will be offers of Chelsea or Real Madrid.
“I will do my 100 per cent only for the club that will show strong interest in my person. In this moment there isn’t nothing concrete.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck