- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
Eden Hazard: I want to score 60 goals for Chelsea next season
Chelsea's Eden Hazard has set his sights on emulating the likes of Lionel Messi and scoring 60 goals in one season
Eden Hazard has set his sights on emulating the likes of Lionel Messi and scoring 60 goals in a single season with Chelsea.
The Belgium international netted nine Premier League goals in 34 appearances for the Blues last season after joining the west Londoners from Lille in the summer.
And Hazard, who also made 11 assists in the top flight, believes he is capable of notching up “50 or 60″ goals next season.
“My dream is 50 or even 60 goals like Lionel Messi and Ronaldo,” said Hazard. “They have shown it is possible, so I can do the same.
“I had a lot of assists last season and a few goals, but the problem is that I tend to choose the beautiful option too often and dribble with the ball, when a different way would cause most damage.
“Every year, I am improving and getting better and better, but I want to be even more effective.”
Hazard also admitted that he is very much looking forward to working under the “mystical” José Mourinho, who signed a four-year deal to return as Blues coach last week.
“He’s a mystical coach, who is always being talked about. It will be a pleasure to have a coach like him,” he continued. “Everybody says it will be a very good thing for me.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck