- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Photos: Alexis Sánchez joins Arsenal squad ahead of Emirates Cup
- Three reasons why Arturo Vidal should join Man Utd
- Liverpool legend wanted Romelu Lukaku to get Everton’s No9 shirt
Eden Hazard: I want to score 60 goals for Chelsea next season
Chelsea's Eden Hazard has set his sights on emulating the likes of Lionel Messi and scoring 60 goals in one season
Eden Hazard has set his sights on emulating the likes of Lionel Messi and scoring 60 goals in a single season with Chelsea.
The Belgium international netted nine Premier League goals in 34 appearances for the Blues last season after joining the west Londoners from Lille in the summer.
And Hazard, who also made 11 assists in the top flight, believes he is capable of notching up “50 or 60″ goals next season.
“My dream is 50 or even 60 goals like Lionel Messi and Ronaldo,” said Hazard. “They have shown it is possible, so I can do the same.
“I had a lot of assists last season and a few goals, but the problem is that I tend to choose the beautiful option too often and dribble with the ball, when a different way would cause most damage.
“Every year, I am improving and getting better and better, but I want to be even more effective.”
Hazard also admitted that he is very much looking forward to working under the “mystical” José Mourinho, who signed a four-year deal to return as Blues coach last week.
“He’s a mystical coach, who is always being talked about. It will be a pleasure to have a coach like him,” he continued. “Everybody says it will be a very good thing for me.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodríguez urges Cuadrado to join Barcelona
- 'Van Gaal won't make same mistakes as Moyes'
- Lamela hoping for 'big season' at Spurs
- Ramsey thrilled to see Walcott return to training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Wenger tells Gerrard