- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
Man Utd set for ‘exciting’ pre-season under Moyes, says Neville
Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville says the Red Devils squad are set for an exciting pre-season under David Moyes
Gary Neville believes Manchester United are set for an exciting pre-season campaign as the squad look to impress their new manager.
As a result, Moyes will be keen to get his side in top shape during pre-season after the Scot was confirmed as Sir Alex Ferguson’s successor at the end of last term.
And Neville reckons the players will relish the challenge of proving themselves to the new manager, with reputations counting for nothing under Moyes.
“Every pre-season is important and every time Manchester United play a match it’s important, but this time around for the players they really are starting afresh with a new manager to impress,” Neville told United’s website.
“Obviously David Moyes will have watched them previously and will know a lot about them, but it’s only when you actually work closely with somebody that you understand how they work and what they’re like.
“He’ll be surprised by some players in terms of their level in training – watching players in training is completely different to seeing them in matches.”
He added: “Pre-season will be a showground to demonstrate to David what they can do and to try and impress him.
“You always want to impress the Manchester United manager, but the fact that it’s a new one makes it as exciting as ever and it will be demanding and challenging for the players.
“The old manager knew the players like the back of his hand, but they don’t have that comfort anymore. They need to impress again.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck