- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Photo: Luis Suárez gives Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard Barca shirt
- Arsenal transfers: Ray Parlour urges Gunners to sign Edinson Cavani
Rush backs Sturridge to fire Liverpool back into the top four
Ian Rush believes tjat Daniel Sturridge will develop into a key player for Liverpool next season
Ian Rush believes Daniel Sturridge will develop into a key player for Liverpool next season as the Reds look to break back into the top four.
The England international, who moved to Anfield from Chelsea back in January, scored an impressive 11 goals in 16 games for the Reds and also made five assists in all competitions.
And Liverpool’s all-time top goal-scorer Rush believes that the 23-year-old will become one of the Reds’ key men next term as they look to secure a route back into the Champions League.
“Sturridge can get even better without a doubt,” Rush told Liverpool’s website.
“He’s got some great skill and with a good pre-season I think you will see an even better Sturridge next season.
“He needs to get fully fit. He was absolutely incredible in some of the games. He has got a good football brain, [Philippe] Coutinho has as well – some of the passes he put through were absolutely superb.
“Sturridge has had a couple of little injuries but if he can get fully fit and get through the pre-season then I think there are exciting times ahead.
“We know we can keep clean sheets. We are an attacking team who do create a lot of chances but it’s all about putting them away.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck