- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Three reasons why Arturo Vidal should join Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Liverpool transfers: Reds will get deals wrapped up early – Carragher
Liverpool transfers: Jamie Carragher says Brendan Rodgers is planning to get transfer business concluded as early as possible
Jamie Carragher says Brendan Rodgers is planning to get Liverpool’s transfer business concluded as early as possible this summer.
The Reds are set to offload striker Andy Carroll to West Ham United for around £15m and have already agreed a deal to sign Iago Aspas for £7.6m from Celta Vigo – after snapping up Kolo Touré on a free transfer.
And Carragher, who retired from football at the end of last season, insists that the Reds are moving to get deals done “as quickly as possible” as they look to build a squad capable of breaking back into the top four.
“I’m sure Brendan Rodgers has learnt a lot over the last 12 months and I think he’s raring to go this season,” Carragher told Sky Sports.
“I spoke to him at the end of the season and he wants to get his business done early.
“At the moment it looks like Liverpool are trying to get players in as quickly as possible so they are ready for the start of the season.”
Liverpool have been linked with swoops for the likes of Porto forward Christian Atsu and Sevilla’s Luis Alberto in recent days.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ramsey wishes Jenkinson luck at West Ham
- Grenier rubbishes Lyon exit speculation
- 'Arsenal will need to activate Quintero's clause'
- Evans lifts lid on Van Gaal's methods
- Campbell: I'm good enough for Arsenal