- Arsenal transfers: Sami Khedira ‘agrees personal terms with Gunners’
- Man Utd transfers: Dortmund speak out about Hummels and Reus
- Abou Diaby can be a major asset for Arsenal, says Arsène Wenger
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid ‘looking to offload Sami Khedira’
- Photos: Man Utd train ahead of LA Galaxy clash
- Lionel Messi ‘enquired about Arsenal move last season’
Liverpool transfers: Reds will get deals wrapped up early – Carragher
Liverpool transfers: Jamie Carragher says Brendan Rodgers is planning to get transfer business concluded as early as possible
Jamie Carragher says Brendan Rodgers is planning to get Liverpool’s transfer business concluded as early as possible this summer.
The Reds are set to offload striker Andy Carroll to West Ham United for around £15m and have already agreed a deal to sign Iago Aspas for £7.6m from Celta Vigo – after snapping up Kolo Touré on a free transfer.
And Carragher, who retired from football at the end of last season, insists that the Reds are moving to get deals done “as quickly as possible” as they look to build a squad capable of breaking back into the top four.
“I’m sure Brendan Rodgers has learnt a lot over the last 12 months and I think he’s raring to go this season,” Carragher told Sky Sports.
“I spoke to him at the end of the season and he wants to get his business done early.
“At the moment it looks like Liverpool are trying to get players in as quickly as possible so they are ready for the start of the season.”
Liverpool have been linked with swoops for the likes of Porto forward Christian Atsu and Sevilla’s Luis Alberto in recent days.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Messi 'enquired about Arsenal move'
- Mourinho convinced Chelsea can win the title
- AC Milan admit Balotelli could leave
- Liverpool 'beat Arsenal to Manquillo deal'
- Zaha keen to impress Van Gaal