- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Liverpool transfers: Feyenoord’s Stefan de Vrij rubbishes Reds link
Liverpool transfers: Feyenoord defender Stefan de Vrij rubbishes claims that he is set to join the Reds this summer
Stefan de Vrij has rubbished claims he is set to leave Feyenoord and join Liverpool this summer.
Brendan Rodgers is expected to strengthen his defence after club legend Jamie Carragher announced his retirement at the end of the season.
The Reds boss has already signed experienced centre-half Kolo Touré and has been linked with a move for Schalke 04 youngster Kyriakos Papadopoulos.
De Vrij, 21, has been touted as a possible long-term candidate to fill the void left by Carragher, but the Dutch star dismissed suggestions he will move to Anfield.
“No, I just renewed my contract with Feyenoord [until 2015], so I will play for them next year,” said De Vrij.
Meanwhile, Ajax defender Toby Alderweireld admitted he is keen to move to England or Germany amid reported interest from Liverpool.
“That is not my preference. England and Germany are the best leagues where I think I can take the next step,” Alderweireld told De Telegraaf.
“I have to go somewhere where I can play football a bit and where my style of play suits.
“On the other hand, I do not want to play for a team at the bottom of their league. I want to leave Ajax for a nice club, otherwise I’ll just stay in Amsterdam.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck
- RVP: Falcao will have to earn Man Utd place