- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
Liverpool transfers: Ian Ayre hopes for ‘more success’ in summer window
Liverpool transfers: Ian Ayre hopes the Reds can have more success in transfer market this summer after signing Iago Aspas
Ian Ayre says Liverpool hope to have more success in the transfer market this summer after landing their third signing Iago Aspas on Sunday.
The Celta Vigo forward, who cost a reported £7m, has penned a long-term deal with the Reds after centre-half Kolo Touré and winger Luis Alberto agreed deals to move to Anfield over the past month.
The Reds managing director is thrilled Liverpool have been able to move swiftly in the current window and hinted there could still be more arrivals at the Merseyside outfit.
“It’s fantastic, the third signing of the summer and very early in the window,” Ayre told Liverpool’s website.
“He’s a great talent, one that Brendan identified a long time ago.
“The scouting network and everybody else have done a lot of hard work to get him here and I’m pleased that we’ve been able to get his signature and have him in the squad.
“As we’ve always said, we’ve got our targets. We will work as hard as we can to bring them in. As we’ve said before, it’s always about getting the right players and the right deals for both sides.
“There’s a lot of work going on, there’s certainly no shortage of that. Hopefully we’ll have some more success.”
He added: “It’s always important. It’s not always possible but it’s always important.
“Particularly from the playing perspective, the manager and the coaches and all of the staff want to know that they’ve got the squad together, particularly ahead of pre-season.
“We’ve worked tirelessly, a lot of people behind the scenes worked ahead of the transfer window to identify those players that interest us.
“Then the hard work starts, negotiating and bringing these deals together.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck