- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal coy on Javier Hernandez future
- Arsenal transfers: Serge Aurier confirms Gunners approach
Liverpool transfers: Kolo Touré is a great signing, says Gareth Barry
Liverpool transfers: Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry believes Kolo Touré will prove a great signing for the Reds
Gareth Barry believes Kolo Touré is a “great signing” and can help replace Jamie Carragher at Liverpool.
The 32-year-old is set to move to the Merseyside outfit on 1 July on a free transfer after spending four years at Manchester City.
The Ivory Coast international will help fill the void left by Carragher, who called time on a decorated 16-year career in May.
And City midfielder Barry is confident Touré’s “experience” and “work-rate” will make him a valuable asset for manager Brendan Rodgers and the Reds.
“Kolo will be a great signing. I think it’s an astute signing by Brendan Rodgers because he has got so much experience,” Barry told Liverpool’s website.
“He will always give 100 per cent, he will never give up. Kolo will win over the fans straight away.
“Losing Jamie Carragher’s experience from the dressing room will be a huge loss for Liverpool and the fans.
“But Kolo, with his experience and his work-rate, the way he goes about his training, will do a good job of replacing him.”
The defender, who will become the first Ivorian to play for Liverpool, previously won three major trophies with Arsenal, playing in over 325 games for the north Londoners between 2002 and 2009.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Podolski urges Khedira to join Arsenal
- Vidal 'will join Man Utd next month'
- Aurier confirms Arsenal approach
- Cavani won't rule out PSG exit
- Fàbregas: I'll shine with Torres for Chelsea