- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Liverpool’s Iago Aspas: It wasn’t a tough decision to join the Reds
Liverpool striker Iago Aspas says it was an easy decision to join a big club like the Reds after sealing a reported £7m switch
Iago Aspas says it wasn’t a tough decision to join a “big club” like Liverpool after the striker completed his reported £7m switch to Anfield on Sunday.
The 25-year-old uncapped Spanish forward has signed a long-term deal with the Reds after completing a medical at the club’s Melwood training ground.
“It wasn’t a tough decision at all,” said Aspas, who scored 12 goals and made seven assists in 34 La Liga appearances last season.
“I’m really happy to have come to a big club like this one.
“Having weighed up all my options for this window, a massive club like Liverpool was always my first choice.”
Aspas carved out a reputation as a hard-working but skilful forward at Celta Vigo after his 23 goals helped Os Célticos return to La Liga in 2012.
And the Menoa-born forward revealed he hasn’t spoken to the Liverpool boss “at any length” but he is relishing the chance to win silverware at the Reds.
“I am a quick and skilful player,” he added. “Together we will achieve a lot of success.
“I’ve not had the chance to talk with the manager at any length just yet but I think that good players can slot into any role and not just one set position.”
Aspas also revealed that he has been following Liverpool’s fortunes in recent seasons on television.
“I don’t know a huge amount but I’ve learned things from watching them on TV and of course I know all about the last two Champions League finals having seen them live on TV,” he added.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck
- RVP: Falcao will have to earn Man Utd place
- Rooney thrilled by Falcao arrival
- Özil marks anniversary of Arsenal move
- Kagawa and Liverpool legend seal German moves