- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho dreams of playing with Ronaldinho
Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho says he would love to play with his idol Ronaldinho in the future
Philippe Coutinho has admitted he would love to play with former Barcelona star Ronaldinho at some point in his career.
Ronaldinho, who almost joined Manchester United in 2003, is currently at Brazilian club Atlético Mineiro as his decorated career slowly winds down following spells at Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona and AC Milan.
And Coutinho, who has one Brazil cap, revealed the Champions League winner is his idol and the youngster still dreams of playing with the 33-year-old.
When asked about his favourite player, Coutinho said: “Ronaldinho Gaucho. He has always been my idol because he is such a skilful player. I would love to play with him one day in the future.”
Coutinho won’t be involved in Brazil’s squad for the Confederations Cups which starts this month, but the midfielder plans to watch the tournament at home with his family.
“I will go back to Brazil to see my friends and family. There will also be some sunshine and I’ll watch the Confederations Cup,” he continued.
The 20-year-old also revealed his family are already Liverpool supporters after the midfielder swapped Serie A for the English top flight earlier this year.
“You won’t be surprised to hear that in my house we have always supported Vasco da Gama,” he added.
“In Rio there are four big teams; Flamengo, Fluminense, Botafogo and Vasco, but because I started playing for Vasco they became our club and still are.
“Although my family now support Liverpool too.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings
- Torres is staying at Chelsea, insists Mourinho
- Moreno should reject Liverpool, says Aspas
- Di Maria welcome at PSG, says Cavani