- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Paul Scholes questions Man Utd’s move for Daley Blind
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho dreams of playing with Ronaldinho
Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho says he would love to play with his idol Ronaldinho in the future
Philippe Coutinho has admitted he would love to play with former Barcelona star Ronaldinho at some point in his career.
Ronaldinho, who almost joined Manchester United in 2003, is currently at Brazilian club Atlético Mineiro as his decorated career slowly winds down following spells at Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona and AC Milan.
And Coutinho, who has one Brazil cap, revealed the Champions League winner is his idol and the youngster still dreams of playing with the 33-year-old.
When asked about his favourite player, Coutinho said: “Ronaldinho Gaucho. He has always been my idol because he is such a skilful player. I would love to play with him one day in the future.”
Coutinho won’t be involved in Brazil’s squad for the Confederations Cups which starts this month, but the midfielder plans to watch the tournament at home with his family.
“I will go back to Brazil to see my friends and family. There will also be some sunshine and I’ll watch the Confederations Cup,” he continued.
The 20-year-old also revealed his family are already Liverpool supporters after the midfielder swapped Serie A for the English top flight earlier this year.
“You won’t be surprised to hear that in my house we have always supported Vasco da Gama,” he added.
“In Rio there are four big teams; Flamengo, Fluminense, Botafogo and Vasco, but because I started playing for Vasco they became our club and still are.
“Although my family now support Liverpool too.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Man Utd draw at Burnley
- Chelsea set to sign Rémy from QPR
- PHOTOS: Man Utd held to draw at Burnley
- Burnley 0 Man Utd 0: Talking points
- Burnley 0 Man Utd 0: Player ratings