- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
Man City transfers: Carlos Tévez exit a massive blow, admits Gareth Barry
Man City transfers: Citizens midfielder Gareth Barry insists Carlos Tévez's departure to Juventus is a massive blow for the club
Gareth Barry has admitted Carlos Tévez’s departure to Juventus is a massive blow to Manchester City.
The 29-year-old striker penned a three-year deal with the reigning Serie A champions on Wednesday after the Eastlands outfit agreed a £10m fee with La Vecchia Signora.
The Argentina international leaves the Citizens having won the Premier League title and two FA Cup crowns, while the former Boca Juniors forward scored 73 goals in 138 appearances.
Despite Tévez’s City spell peppered with both on-field and off-field controversies, Barry insisted the former Manchester United man was a key player for the Citizens.
“It will be a massive loss for Manchester City,” the midfielder told Sky Sports News.
“He has had a fantastic few years there and he has been fantastic to play alongside.
“To hear that news is quite sad but he will go and do a great job wherever he goes.”
Former City manager Mark Hughes lured Tévez to the Eastlands outfit from bitter rivals United in 2009, and the Argentine was appointed captain for the 2010/11 campaign by the Welshman’s successor, Roberto Mancini.
However, Tévez fell out with the Italian after refusing to come on as a substitute in a Champions League game at Bayern Munich in 2011, returning to Argentina before featuring again for City six months later.
A statement from City read: “Everyone at Manchester City wishes Carlos the best of luck in Italy and thanks him for his important contributions.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- All of today's football transfer gossip
- Photos: Van Gaal makes Shaw train alone
- Mignolet: Origi can become top striker
- Van Gaal: I inherited broken Man Utd squad
- Oxlade-Chamberlain hails Chambers's move