- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
Man Utd transfers: Five players who could leave Old Trafford this summer
Man Utd transfers: Paul Gorst takes a look at five players who could be on their way out of Old Trafford this summer
Unquestionably, the biggest name who could be on his way out of the club this summer is striker Wayne Rooney. The England international was left out of the starting XI in the Champions League exit to Real Madrid in March which led to a string of suggestions that Rooney was set to leave. Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly taking an interest in the developments and the forward could command a fee in the region of £25m.
Nani was linked with a move to Juventus for the majority of last season, with recent reports suggesting that Arsenal are also monitoring the winger’s situation at Old Trafford. The Portuguese international is reportedly unhappy at not being a first-team regular at the club. Last week, Galatasaray revealed that they had failed in a £8m bid for the midfielder, with the Red Devils reportedly holding out for a £10m fee.
Brazilian Anderson was on the fringes at Old Trafford last season and has been linked with a move back to Porto, as well as a transfer back to his homeland. The 25-year-old has also attracted Premier League interest with Tottenham Hotspur said to be looking at the energetic midfielder. Anderson, who cost United £25.7m when he left Porto in 2007, has made no secret of his desire to secure regular first-team football.
Patrice Evra has been linked with a return to Monaco, who are now back by Russian Billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev. The big-spending principality are looking to rival Paris Saint-Germain as Ligue 1’s superpower and reportedly want the left-back to join their project. If Evra does leave, it could make way for reported United target Leighton Baines.
Federico Macheda spent last season out on loan at German side Stuttgart and will fall even further down the pecking order of strikers at Old Trafford should Robert Lewandowski join this summer. The young striker has previously had loan spells at Sampdoria and Queens Park Rangers and it is possible that David Moyes will look to move him on permanently this summer.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Arsenal train in Austria
- Scholes: Wilshere can come of age
- Scholes: Rooney be next Man Uatd captain
- Three reasons why Chelsea isn't right for Lukaku
- Lukaku ready to 'write new chapter'