- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
Man Utd transfers: Marco van Ginkel tight-lipped on Vitesse future
Man Utd transfers: Vitesse Arnhem midfielder Marco van Ginkel remains tight-lipped on interest from Chelsea and Red Devils
Marco van Ginkel has refused to comment on speculation linking the Netherlands Under-21 star with a switch to Chelsea and Manchester United.
The Vitesse Arnhem midfielder has been one of the Dutch side’s star players in the tournament after the Oranje suffered a 1-0 loss to Italy in the semi-final of the European Under-21 championship on Saturday.
But Van Ginkel insisted he is not thinking about his future, and instead, is looking forward to a few weeks off before returning to pre-season training with his Eredivisie club.
Van Ginkel said: “My future? Now I have a vacation and I’ll concentrate on that. After my holiday, we will see. Maybe!”
The 20-year-old scored eight goals in 33 appearances for Vitesse last season, helping his side secure a top-four finish.
When Van Ginkel was asked about potential interest from Red Devils manager David Moyes, the young midfielder replied: “Manchester United, I didn’t know… I have two more years at Vitesse. It’s a club who’s growing, so I’m also happy there.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Bentaleb hopes to kick on under Pochettino
- Bony can leave for right price, says Swansea chief
- McCarthy flattered by Man Utd link
- Back Cavani to join Man Utd at 6/5 or Liverpool at 3/1!
- Diaby hopes to stay injury-free