- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
Mark Hughes is a good fit for Stoke City, says Craig Bellamy
Cardiff City striker Craig Bellamy believes his former Wales manager Mark Hughes will be a success at Stoke City
Craig Bellamy has backed Mark Hughes to be a success at Stoke City.
The Wales international worked with the former Manchester United striker at both international and club level, with Bellamy thriving under Hughes’ tutelage at Blackburn Rovers.
But Cardiff City striker Bellamy, 33, reckons Hughes and Stoke are a good fit after the new manager’s compatriot Tony Pulis left the Potters last month.
“He has gone into an established Premier League club who have been left in a great position by Tony Pulis because of the work he has done has been remarkable,” the Cardiff City striker told Sky Sports News.
“The intensity, the work rate at Stoke and the atmosphere generated will suit Mark Hughes’s football. The professionalism he has, he will be a great asset to Stoke.”
Bellamy scored 17 goals in 32 appearances during a one-season spell with Hughes at Rovers before joining Liverpool for the first time in 2006. raig◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck