- Arsenal transfers: Sami Khedira ‘agrees personal terms with Gunners’
- Man Utd transfers: Dortmund speak out about Hummels and Reus
- Abou Diaby can be a major asset for Arsenal, says Arsène Wenger
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid ‘looking to offload Sami Khedira’
- Photos: Man Utd train ahead of LA Galaxy clash
- Photos: Liverpool train at Harvard University
Mark Hughes is a good fit for Stoke City, says Craig Bellamy
Cardiff City striker Craig Bellamy believes his former Wales manager Mark Hughes will be a success at Stoke City
Craig Bellamy has backed Mark Hughes to be a success at Stoke City.
The Wales international worked with the former Manchester United striker at both international and club level, with Bellamy thriving under Hughes’ tutelage at Blackburn Rovers.
But Cardiff City striker Bellamy, 33, reckons Hughes and Stoke are a good fit after the new manager’s compatriot Tony Pulis left the Potters last month.
“He has gone into an established Premier League club who have been left in a great position by Tony Pulis because of the work he has done has been remarkable,” the Cardiff City striker told Sky Sports News.
“The intensity, the work rate at Stoke and the atmosphere generated will suit Mark Hughes’s football. The professionalism he has, he will be a great asset to Stoke.”
Bellamy scored 17 goals in 32 appearances during a one-season spell with Hughes at Rovers before joining Liverpool for the first time in 2006. raig◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Messi 'enquired about Arsenal move'
- Mourinho convinced Chelsea can win the title
- AC Milan admit Balotelli could leave
- Liverpool 'beat Arsenal to Manquillo deal'
- Zaha keen to impress Van Gaal