- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
Nacho Monreal would ‘love’ to see Arsenal sign Gonzalo Higuaín
Nacho Monreal reveals his excitement at the possibility of Gonzalo Higuaín joining Arsenal from Real Madrid this summer
Nacho Monreal has revealed his excitement at the possibility of Gonzalo Higuaín joining Arsenal this summer.
The Argentina international is understood to be on the verge of a £22m transfer to north London from Real Madrid after weeks of speculation linking him with the Gunners.
And Monreal, who joined Arsenal back in January, believes that the 25-year-old striker would be a top signing for Arsène Wenger’s side.
“I would love it. Higuain is a part of football, and I always loved how he played for Real Madrid,” Monreal told Spanish newspaper Marca.
“He is a scorer and would be a reinforcement that we could really use.
“Arsenal are one of the biggest teams in England and this summer they are working towards good signings to break that [trophy-less] streak.”
Higuaín scored 16 La Liga goals in 19 starts for Real Madrid last season and made nine appearances from the substitutes’ bench. He also made five assists in the league.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck