- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Man Utd’s Louis van Gaal needs to show respect, blasts Liverpool legend
- Paul Scholes questions Man Utd’s move for Daley Blind
- Tottenham give latest injury update ahead of Liverpool clash
- Photos: Sánchez all smiles as Arsenal gear up for Leicester trip
Nacho Monreal would ‘love’ to see Arsenal sign Gonzalo Higuaín
Nacho Monreal reveals his excitement at the possibility of Gonzalo Higuaín joining Arsenal from Real Madrid this summer
Nacho Monreal has revealed his excitement at the possibility of Gonzalo Higuaín joining Arsenal this summer.
The Argentina international is understood to be on the verge of a £22m transfer to north London from Real Madrid after weeks of speculation linking him with the Gunners.
And Monreal, who joined Arsenal back in January, believes that the 25-year-old striker would be a top signing for Arsène Wenger’s side.
“I would love it. Higuain is a part of football, and I always loved how he played for Real Madrid,” Monreal told Spanish newspaper Marca.
“He is a scorer and would be a reinforcement that we could really use.
“Arsenal are one of the biggest teams in England and this summer they are working towards good signings to break that [trophy-less] streak.”
Higuaín scored 16 La Liga goals in 19 starts for Real Madrid last season and made nine appearances from the substitutes’ bench. He also made five assists in the league.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTO: Three Liverpool legends meet at Bayern clash
- Twitter reacts as Chelsea beat Everton
- Everton 3 Chelsea 6: Player ratings
- Fazio available to face Liverpool
- Wilshere ready for 'tough' Leicester game