- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
Robbie Fowler backs Liverpool to break back into the top four
Robbie Fowler is backing Liverpool to battle their way back into the top four in Brendan Rodgers' second season in charge
Robbie Fowler is backing Liverpool to battle their way back into the top four next season.
Liverpool have already signalled their intent in the transfer market this summer by signing Kolo Touré, Iago Aspas, Luis Alberto and Simon Mignolet.
And Kop legend Fowler is convinced that the Reds will be challenging for a Champions League spot next term.
“At the start of every season, we always have aims and ambitions to get into the top four and get as high up the table as we can,” Fowler told Liverpool’s website.
“We didn’t do it last season, but you could see the progression was slowly getting there – we were getting better all the time.
“For this season, there have been a few more players added to the squad, so I think the consistency will be a little bit better.
“The likes of Manchester United and Chelsea have got new managers now, so hopefully it will be a bit of a sticking point for them – but in terms of Brendan Rodgers and the squad we’re putting together, I think we can certainly challenge for that top four.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings
- Torres is staying at Chelsea, insists Mourinho
- Moreno should reject Liverpool, says Aspas
- Di Maria welcome at PSG, says Cavani
- Juventus want Arsenal target Rabiot