- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Photo: Luis Suárez gives Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard Barca shirt
- Arsenal transfers: Ray Parlour urges Gunners to sign Edinson Cavani
Robbie Fowler backs Liverpool to break back into the top four
Robbie Fowler is backing Liverpool to battle their way back into the top four in Brendan Rodgers' second season in charge
Robbie Fowler is backing Liverpool to battle their way back into the top four next season.
Liverpool have already signalled their intent in the transfer market this summer by signing Kolo Touré, Iago Aspas, Luis Alberto and Simon Mignolet.
And Kop legend Fowler is convinced that the Reds will be challenging for a Champions League spot next term.
“At the start of every season, we always have aims and ambitions to get into the top four and get as high up the table as we can,” Fowler told Liverpool’s website.
“We didn’t do it last season, but you could see the progression was slowly getting there – we were getting better all the time.
“For this season, there have been a few more players added to the squad, so I think the consistency will be a little bit better.
“The likes of Manchester United and Chelsea have got new managers now, so hopefully it will be a bit of a sticking point for them – but in terms of Brendan Rodgers and the squad we’re putting together, I think we can certainly challenge for that top four.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck