- Man Utd transfers: Marcos Rojo drops Angel Di Maria hint
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Man Utd transfers: Thomas Müller confirms Red Devils snub
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Red Devils only need two new top players’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal step up Khedira bid, Man Utd to sign Alonso
Robbie Fowler backs Liverpool to break back into the top four
Robbie Fowler is backing Liverpool to battle their way back into the top four in Brendan Rodgers' second season in charge
Robbie Fowler is backing Liverpool to battle their way back into the top four next season.
Liverpool have already signalled their intent in the transfer market this summer by signing Kolo Touré, Iago Aspas, Luis Alberto and Simon Mignolet.
And Kop legend Fowler is convinced that the Reds will be challenging for a Champions League spot next term.
“At the start of every season, we always have aims and ambitions to get into the top four and get as high up the table as we can,” Fowler told Liverpool’s website.
“We didn’t do it last season, but you could see the progression was slowly getting there – we were getting better all the time.
“For this season, there have been a few more players added to the squad, so I think the consistency will be a little bit better.
“The likes of Manchester United and Chelsea have got new managers now, so hopefully it will be a bit of a sticking point for them – but in terms of Brendan Rodgers and the squad we’re putting together, I think we can certainly challenge for that top four.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- 'Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea'
- Wenger: Ramsey can be better than Fàbregas
- Smith surprised by Liverpool's Balotelli bid
- 'Liverpool should sign Falcao or Reus'
- Scholes: Fàbregas perfect for Man Utd