- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
Romelu Lukaku aims to become ‘deadly’ in front of goal for Chelsea
Romelu Lukaku has declared his desire to become "deadly" in front of goal under José Mourinho for Chelsea next season
Romelu Lukaku has declared his desire to become “deadly” in front of goal for Chelsea next season.
The Belgium international has returned to Stamford Bridge following a successful loan spell at West Bromwich Albion, where he scored 17 league goals for the Baggies.
The 20-year-old had been linked with another temporary switch away from west London but newly-appointed Blues boss José Mourinho appears prepared to hand the forward a chance to impress at his parent club.
And the striker says he is determined to work hard in an attempt to become “twice as good” next season.
Lukaku wrote on Instagram: “I will train every single part of my body to be twice as good as last year.
“Stronger, faster, bring more quality into my game just to be as deadly as the great masters of the game.
“It will be hard but when you work hard you play hard. Season 13-14 is the season when I stop playing like a boy and will play as a MAN!! #ambition.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck