- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
Tottenham transfers: Villas-Boas rules out move for Porto’s Martinez
Tottenham transfers: André Villas-Boas rules out a swoop for Porto striker Jackson Martinez this summer
André Villas-Boas has ruled out the possibility of Tottenham Hotspur making a move for Porto striker Jackson Martinez this summer.
The Spurs boss has been linked with a swoop for a host of different strikers, including Leandro Damiao, Roberto Soldado and David Villa, as the Portuguese coach looks to bolster his attacking options.
Porto forward Martinez was touted to be a Tottenham target after the Ecuador international scored 26 goals in 30 top-flight appearances last season as his side won the title.
But Villas-Boas isn’t interested in bringing the 26-year-old to White Hart Lane.
“We don’t want Jackson Martinez,” Villas-Boas told Desporto.
Tottenham, who finished in fifth place last season, have also been linked with a swoop for Atlético Mineiro’s Bernand.
While Villas-Boas admitted Spurs have been monitoring the attacking midfielder, the manager doesn’t envisage the north London side lodging an offer.
He added: “Bernard’s a player that we monitor like many others, but I think Tottenham will do nothing regarding them.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Oxlade-Chamberlain hails Chambers's move
- Juventus confident of Vidal stay
- Van Gaal: I won't buy for the sake of it
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers