- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
Tottenham transfers: Villas-Boas rules out move for Porto’s Martinez
Tottenham transfers: André Villas-Boas rules out a swoop for Porto striker Jackson Martinez this summer
André Villas-Boas has ruled out the possibility of Tottenham Hotspur making a move for Porto striker Jackson Martinez this summer.
The Spurs boss has been linked with a swoop for a host of different strikers, including Leandro Damiao, Roberto Soldado and David Villa, as the Portuguese coach looks to bolster his attacking options.
Porto forward Martinez was touted to be a Tottenham target after the Ecuador international scored 26 goals in 30 top-flight appearances last season as his side won the title.
But Villas-Boas isn’t interested in bringing the 26-year-old to White Hart Lane.
“We don’t want Jackson Martinez,” Villas-Boas told Desporto.
Tottenham, who finished in fifth place last season, have also been linked with a swoop for Atlético Mineiro’s Bernand.
While Villas-Boas admitted Spurs have been monitoring the attacking midfielder, the manager doesn’t envisage the north London side lodging an offer.
He added: “Bernard’s a player that we monitor like many others, but I think Tottenham will do nothing regarding them.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck