- Man Utd transfers: ‘Marco Reus rejected Red Devils move’
- Transfer round-up: Di Maria to sign for Man Utd, Arsenal target Manolas
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Tottenham transfers: ‘Mateo Musacchio set to snub Spurs’
- Arsenal’s Calum Chambers looks like top defender, says Liverpool legend
Tottenham transfers: Villas-Boas rules out move for Porto’s Martinez
Tottenham transfers: André Villas-Boas rules out a swoop for Porto striker Jackson Martinez this summer
André Villas-Boas has ruled out the possibility of Tottenham Hotspur making a move for Porto striker Jackson Martinez this summer.
The Spurs boss has been linked with a swoop for a host of different strikers, including Leandro Damiao, Roberto Soldado and David Villa, as the Portuguese coach looks to bolster his attacking options.
Porto forward Martinez was touted to be a Tottenham target after the Ecuador international scored 26 goals in 30 top-flight appearances last season as his side won the title.
But Villas-Boas isn’t interested in bringing the 26-year-old to White Hart Lane.
“We don’t want Jackson Martinez,” Villas-Boas told Desporto.
Tottenham, who finished in fifth place last season, have also been linked with a swoop for Atlético Mineiro’s Bernand.
While Villas-Boas admitted Spurs have been monitoring the attacking midfielder, the manager doesn’t envisage the north London side lodging an offer.
He added: “Bernard’s a player that we monitor like many others, but I think Tottenham will do nothing regarding them.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- VIDEO: Song takes ice bucket challenge, nominates Podolski
- Bilic: Besitkas out to spoil Arsenal plans
- Sporting Lisbon deny Carvalho bid
- Wilshere: Arsenal must qualify to attract top players
- AC Milan: No Liverpool bid for Balotelli