- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Tottenham transfers: Spurs ‘only contenders’ to sign Atlético’s Bernard
Tottenham transfers: Bernard's agent says Spurs are the only contenders to sign the Atlético Mineiro midfielder this summer
Tottenham Hotspur are the “only contenders” to sign Atlético Mineiro midfielder Bernard, according to the Brazil international’s agent.
Champions League runners-up Borussia Dortmund have been linked with a swoop for the playmaker, while Spurs were also reported to be weighing up a bid for the 20-year-old.
Bernard, who is currently on international duty at the Confederations Cup, has scored 20 goals in 95 appearances for Atlético Mineiro over the past three seasons.
However, Bernard’s agent Hissa Moyses revealed Dortmund aren’t in the running to sign the South American and claimed Spurs are the front-runners to snap up the highly-rated Brazilian.
“Dortmund have not submitted a proposal,” Moyses told O Jogo.
“Therefore Tottenham are the only contenders.”
Bernard, who won the Campeonato Mineiro in 2012 and 2013, has three caps for Brazil and is in the running to be included in Luis Felipe Scolari’s squad for next summer’s World Cup.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings