- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
- Photos: Joel Campbell and Abou Diaby shine in Arsenal U21 win
Tottenham transfers: Spurs ‘only contenders’ to sign Atlético’s Bernard
Tottenham transfers: Bernard's agent says Spurs are the only contenders to sign the Atlético Mineiro midfielder this summer
Tottenham Hotspur are the “only contenders” to sign Atlético Mineiro midfielder Bernard, according to the Brazil international’s agent.
Champions League runners-up Borussia Dortmund have been linked with a swoop for the playmaker, while Spurs were also reported to be weighing up a bid for the 20-year-old.
Bernard, who is currently on international duty at the Confederations Cup, has scored 20 goals in 95 appearances for Atlético Mineiro over the past three seasons.
However, Bernard’s agent Hissa Moyses revealed Dortmund aren’t in the running to sign the South American and claimed Spurs are the front-runners to snap up the highly-rated Brazilian.
“Dortmund have not submitted a proposal,” Moyses told O Jogo.
“Therefore Tottenham are the only contenders.”
Bernard, who won the Campeonato Mineiro in 2012 and 2013, has three caps for Brazil and is in the running to be included in Luis Felipe Scolari’s squad for next summer’s World Cup.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Gerrard: Balotelli can be a star for Liverpool
- Özil: Arsenal can reach Champions League final
- Özil is not getting enough praise, says Wenger
- Pochettino: Fazio must adapt to Spurs philosophy
- Rose: Pochettino has already improved me