- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Tottenham will reject Gareth Bale bids, insists André Villas-Boas
André Villas-Boas has once again insisted that Tottenham Hotspur have no plans to sell Gareth Bale this summer
André Villas-Boas has once again insisted that Tottenham have no plans to sell Gareth Bale this summer.
The 23-year-old’s future has been a source of constant speculation over the last few weeks following Spurs’ failure to qualify for next season’s Champions League as they finished fifth in the league.
However, Villas-Boas has once again moved to end the uncertainty over the player’s future by insisting that chairman Daniel Levy has assured him that he will not be sold.
“The chairman said that we are not open to offers, whatever they are, and that the player will stay,” Villas-Boas told O Jogo.
“In football anything can happen, but these are the guarantees given to me.”
The Portuguese coach added: “There was a moment last season when Gareth came to me because he was not comfortable out on the pitch.
“I do not know if it was my response or that he was glad to relieve the stress, but after that he became confident and played with freedom.
“He felt important and finished the year in style.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings