- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Tottenham’s Gylfi Sigurdsson expects ‘difficult’ Crystal Palace test
Gylfi Sigurdsson is braced for a "difficult" opening fixture when Tottenham travel to Crystal Palace on the first day of the season
Gylfi Sigurdsson is braced for a “difficult” opening fixture when Tottenham travel to Crystal Palace on the first day of the Premier League season.
Spurs will make the short trip to Selhurst Park on the weekend of 17 August, before hosting Swansea at White Hart Lane in their second game.
Tottenham then travel to north London rivals Arsenal in their third fixture – and the 23-year-old is desperate to help Spurs make a positive start to the season.
“It will be a difficult game, a London derby and Palace’s first match back in the Premier League,” Sigurdsson told Spurs’ website.
“We need to get off to a good start to the season, so it’s important we get the three points and go from there.
“We started slowly last season, drew a couple of games at home that we really should have won and that cost us.
“We’re all determined to make a good start and pick up good points in the first few weeks.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Big wins for Aberdeen and Dundee
- Phelan: Welbeck exit has 'broken' Man Utd's identity
- Arsenal's Wilshere: Welbeck joining a great club
- Borini posts cryptic Instagram message
- Ricky who? Sterling had to Google Rodgers joke