- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Man Utd transfers: Dortmund speak out about Hummels and Reus
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid ‘looking to offload Sami Khedira’
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Lionel Messi ‘enquired about Arsenal move last season’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal coy on Javier Hernandez future
Tottenham’s Gylfi Sigurdsson expects ‘difficult’ Crystal Palace test
Gylfi Sigurdsson is braced for a "difficult" opening fixture when Tottenham travel to Crystal Palace on the first day of the season
Gylfi Sigurdsson is braced for a “difficult” opening fixture when Tottenham travel to Crystal Palace on the first day of the Premier League season.
Spurs will make the short trip to Selhurst Park on the weekend of 17 August, before hosting Swansea at White Hart Lane in their second game.
Tottenham then travel to north London rivals Arsenal in their third fixture – and the 23-year-old is desperate to help Spurs make a positive start to the season.
“It will be a difficult game, a London derby and Palace’s first match back in the Premier League,” Sigurdsson told Spurs’ website.
“We need to get off to a good start to the season, so it’s important we get the three points and go from there.
“We started slowly last season, drew a couple of games at home that we really should have won and that cost us.
“We’re all determined to make a good start and pick up good points in the first few weeks.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Aurier confirms Arsenal approach
- Cavani won't rule out PSG exit
- Fàbregas: I'll shine with Torres for Chelsea
- PHOTOS: Wilshere returns to Arsenal training
- Pellegrini eyes further Man City signings