- US Open 2014: Eugenie Bouchard downs Barbora Zahlavova Strycova
- US Open 2014: Grigor Dimitrov braced for tough Gael Monfils test
- US Open 2014: Roger Federer and New York storm into fourth round
- US Open 2014: Wozniacki & Errani progress as Williams & Azarenka kick their heels
- US Open 2014: ‘Beloved’ Roger Federer holds tennis in the palm of his hand
- US Open 2014: Kohlschreiber & Robredo deal one-handed blows to Isner & Kyrgios
Betting tips: Why Radwanska will beat Li Na at Wimbledon
Betting tips: The Tipster is backing fourth seed Agnieszka Radwanska to beat Li Na in the Wimbledon quarter-finals
The Tipster turns his attentions to the women at Wimbledon on Wednesday, and he’s tipping Agnieszka Radwanska to beat Li Na in the quarter-finals.
Elsewhere, our resident betting expert is backing Sloane Stephens to make up for her compatriot’s shock exit and beat Marion Bartoli.
Radwanska to beat Li – 5/4
Li leads the head-to-head record 6-4 and that explains why the Chinese sixth seed is slight favourite at 8/13. However, the Tipster reckons Radwanska could be a good-value punt. The 24-year-old has beaten her 31-year-old opponent on two previous occasions on grass, losing just once. The Tipster is backing Radwanska to beat Li at 5/4.
Lisicki to beat Kanepi 2-0 – 10/11
Lisicki is very much Wimbledon’s favourite daughter after a memorable victory over world number one Williams on Monday. The German, seeded 23rd, served impressively and should beat her Estonian opponent. The world No46 looked nervous at times against Laura Robson in what was a very even match. Lisicki to beat Kanepi in straight sets is therefore good value at 10/11.
Stephens to beat Bartoli – Evens
Stephens will be taking over the American mantle after Williams crashed out in the fourth round. The 20-year-old faces the former finalist, having lost their only previous meeting in three sets at New Haven in 2012. Stephens has won more matches that Bartoli in 2013 and has impressed at Wimbledon. Stephens to beat Bartoli at Evens.
Flipkens to beat Kvitova – 2/1
Kvitova struggled through her fourth-round match on Monday but it was far from convincing from the 2011 Wimbledon champion. The fourth seed faces Flipkens for a place in the semi-final and the Czech doesn’t have a great record against her Belgian opponent. Flipkens leads the head-to-head 2-1, including their most recent meeting in Miami this year. Flipkens to beat Kvitova is 2/1.
The long shot: Flipkens to beat Kvitova 2-1 – 13/2
As stated in the previous tip, Flipkens to beat Kvitova is a good shout. The Belgian has won two of their three previous meetings, with the most recent win in Miami a three-set thriller. Kvitova was taken to three sets in the first round against Coco Vandeweghe and in the last 64 by Ekaterina Makarova. The Tipster’s long shot is Flipkens to beat Kvitova 2-1 at 13/2.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
- Wozniacki: Please make it a quick win Roger!
- PHOTO: Federer in philosophical mood
- Dimitrov braced for tough Monfils test
- Federer and New York storm into fourth round
- Simon beats Ferrer in tough conditions