- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
Chelsea’s new signings providing good competition, says John Terry
Chelsea captain John Terry says the club's new signings have provided healthy competition in the Blues squad
John Terry says Chelsea’s new signings have provided healthy competition in José Mourinho’s squad as the centre-half continues his return from injury.
However, the 32-year-old returned to training early in bid to get back to full fitness, and the centre-half revealed there is a positive team spirit on club’s tour of Asia.
“I am fit and well,” Terry told Chelsea’s website.
“I had the injury on my ankle at the end of last season but I came back a week early to get some extra fitness under my belt, and I think that has served me well so far in training.
“It is a big pre-season for everyone and everyone wants to be in the team at the start of the season, and that is what we are aiming for.
“There are new young signings too, they are obviously hungry and with points to prove and they are fighting for places as well, and competition has been very good in training.
“The new lads have settled in really well and the quality is good, and these trips definitely help that because you are in each other’s pockets all day every day, so it is a great opportunity for them to get to know the other players.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Owen: Falcao is signing of the summer
- Is Falcao the signing Man Utd need?
- Falcao is top buy, declares Ronaldo
- PHOTO: Arsenal & Liverpool stars go to the cinema
- Cech won't rule out Chelsea exit