- I wouldn’t sign Liverpool target Mario Balotelli for free, says ex-Man Utd star
- Photos: Özil and Mertesacker train as Arsenal gear up for Everton
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
- Transfer round-up: Reus in talks with Arsenal, Tottenham to sign Fazio
- José Mourinho wishes Mario Balotelli all the best at Liverpool
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Signing Mario Balotelli the worst thing for the Reds’
Chelsea transfers: José Mourinho wants to keep trialist Bertrand Traore
Chelsea transfers: Blues manager José Mourinho says he wants to keep trialist Bertrand Traore at the west London side
José Mourinho says he wants to keep trialist Bertrand Traore at Chelsea after the young midfielder’s impressive performances in Asia.
The 17-year-old has regularly featured for the Chelsea Under-21 side for the past 18 months but the Burkina Faso international has failed to secure a work permit, preventing the club from tying up a permanent deal for the African.
Traore has scored two goals in the west London side’s three matches during the pre-season tour of Asia, and Mourinho is hoping that the club can finalise the deal before the midfielder’s 18th birthday.
“Traore we would like to keep,” said Mourinho.
“For a 17-year-old boy, sooner or later, the committee has to give him a permit to play in England.
“He’s been playing for his country at the same time as training with us – he should get his deserved permit.
“There are no dramas with it. It’s fantastic for him to come here and play with us, and it’s fantastic for Chelsea.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Mourinho backs Cahill for England captaincy
- Mourinho: I don't have to explain my decision to Cech
- Van Persie set to return for Man Utd
- Back Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs to win at 10/1!
- Rodgers: Markovic & Moreno available for Man City trip