- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Man Utd transfers: Dortmund speak out about Hummels and Reus
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid ‘looking to offload Sami Khedira’
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Lionel Messi ‘enquired about Arsenal move last season’
- Arsenal transfers: AC Milan admit Mario Balotelli could leave
Chelsea transfers: José Mourinho wants to keep trialist Bertrand Traore
Chelsea transfers: Blues manager José Mourinho says he wants to keep trialist Bertrand Traore at the west London side
José Mourinho says he wants to keep trialist Bertrand Traore at Chelsea after the young midfielder’s impressive performances in Asia.
The 17-year-old has regularly featured for the Chelsea Under-21 side for the past 18 months but the Burkina Faso international has failed to secure a work permit, preventing the club from tying up a permanent deal for the African.
Traore has scored two goals in the west London side’s three matches during the pre-season tour of Asia, and Mourinho is hoping that the club can finalise the deal before the midfielder’s 18th birthday.
“Traore we would like to keep,” said Mourinho.
“For a 17-year-old boy, sooner or later, the committee has to give him a permit to play in England.
“He’s been playing for his country at the same time as training with us – he should get his deserved permit.
“There are no dramas with it. It’s fantastic for him to come here and play with us, and it’s fantastic for Chelsea.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Aurier confirms Arsenal approach
- Cavani won't rule out PSG exit
- Fàbregas: I'll shine with Torres for Chelsea
- PHOTOS: Wilshere returns to Arsenal training
- Pellegrini eyes further Man City signings