- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
Chelsea transfers: José Mourinho wants to keep trialist Bertrand Traore
Chelsea transfers: Blues manager José Mourinho says he wants to keep trialist Bertrand Traore at the west London side
José Mourinho says he wants to keep trialist Bertrand Traore at Chelsea after the young midfielder’s impressive performances in Asia.
The 17-year-old has regularly featured for the Chelsea Under-21 side for the past 18 months but the Burkina Faso international has failed to secure a work permit, preventing the club from tying up a permanent deal for the African.
Traore has scored two goals in the west London side’s three matches during the pre-season tour of Asia, and Mourinho is hoping that the club can finalise the deal before the midfielder’s 18th birthday.
“Traore we would like to keep,” said Mourinho.
“For a 17-year-old boy, sooner or later, the committee has to give him a permit to play in England.
“He’s been playing for his country at the same time as training with us – he should get his deserved permit.
“There are no dramas with it. It’s fantastic for him to come here and play with us, and it’s fantastic for Chelsea.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck