- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
- Photos: Joel Campbell and Abou Diaby shine in Arsenal U21 win
Chelsea transfers: Napoli standing firm over £53m Edinson Cavani
Chelsea transfers: Napoli once again insist that they will not be selling Edinson Cavani for anything less than £53m
Napoli have once again insisted that they will not be selling Edinson Cavani for anything less than the striker’s £53m release clause.
It had been claimed that PSG were ready to table an offer for the sought-after forward – but Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis says that there have been no such talks and insists that the player will not be sold for less than their asking price.
“We have not received an offer from PSG for Cavani,” De Laurentiis told Italy’s Sky Sport 24. “We are a rich club that respects financial fair play, we do not need to sell our players.
“If someone wants him then they will have to pay the €63m (£53m) clause. If we do not get offers, we would be happy to have him with us at least until his contract expires in 2017.”
Cavani, who netted 36 goals in 41 appearances for Napoli last season, said last week that he plans to hold talks with his club in the coming days.
“Today the only thing I can think about is that I have a contract with Napoli. For now, Napoli are my club,” Cavani told Globo Esporte.
“It is useless to talk about my future. I, the main protagonist in this transfer story, do not know anything.
“I just know that I’m at Napoli still and I have to go back there. I think once I have finished the Confederations Cup, I will have a few days of rest and then sort things out. I will return to Napoli and face the situation.
“It’s a delicate situation without doubt. But these things I do not want to speak about in front of a camera.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Özil is not getting enough praise, says Wenger
- Pochettino: Fazio must adapt to Spurs philosophy
- Rose: Pochettino has already improved me
- Back Man City & four more to win at 10/1!
- PHOTOS: Man Utd gear up for Burnley trip