- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
Chelsea’s Eden Hazard impressed by ‘quality’ Kevin De Bruyne
Eden Hazard praises Kevin De Bruyne after the midfielder sparkled in Chelsea's friendly against Singha All-Stars on Wednesday
Eden Hazard has heaped praise on Kevin De Bruyne after the midfielder sparkled in Chelsea’s friendly against Singha All-Stars on Wednesday.
The Belgian duo both featured for the Blues as José Mourinho’s men ran out 1-0 winners in their pre-season game thanks to Romelu Lukaku’s penalty.
And Hazard reserved particular praise for his compatriot, who spent last season on loan to German side Werder Bremen and played 80 minutes on Wednesday.
“Kevin did well, I know his quality and he gave some very good passes in the game,” Hazard told Chelsea’s website.
“Everybody knows he is a good player and it was good for him to show it. He played for 80 minutes in this weather but he did very well and it is good for him.’
Hazard, 22, was pleased to get some game-time under his belt as Mourinho’s men gear up for the new season.
“Training has been very intensive, we prepared for the first game well and now we have to do better in the second game,” he continued.
“We can do some things better but the most important thing is that most players played for some minutes.”
Chelsea play a Malaysia XI in their next pre-season game in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck