- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Photo: Luis Suárez gives Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard Barca shirt
- Arsenal transfers: Ray Parlour urges Gunners to sign Edinson Cavani
John Terry: No words to describe Roman Abramovich’s Chelsea impact
John Terry hails the impact that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has had during his 10 years at Stamford Bridge
John Terry has hailed the impact that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has had at Stamford Bridge since taking over the club back in 2003.
The Russian billionaire began his tenure in west London exactly 10 years ago and has seen the Blues lift 10 major trophies since his arrival.
And Chelsea captain Terry admits that there are “no words” to describe the impact Abramovich has had at Chelsea following his takeover of the Premier League club.
“There are probably no words that can put into context what Mr Abramovich has done for this football club,” Terry told Chelsea magazine.
“He has obviously transformed the team but also, behind the scenes, he has done so much, not least the training ground.
“When you speak to him, he talks football. He wants to know how the club can improve and what he can do to improve it. He wants to keep pushing on.
“He wants to win every trophy, every single year. That is his target every season. And that is what he will keep here – showing us the level we are expected to be at, which we have to keep striving for.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck