- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
José Mourinho sums up Roman Abramovich’s Chelsea impact
José Mourinho hails the impact Roman Abramovich has had at Chelsea since the Russian billionaire took over the club
José Mourinho has hailed the impact Roman Abramovich has had at Chelsea since the Russian billionaire took over the club back in 2003.
It is 10 years since the Abramovich stepped in at Stamford Bridge and the Blues have gone on to win 10 major trophies during his time at the club.
And Mourinho has been quick to praise the 46-year-old for the impact he has had at the west London side, especially in helping Chelsea raise their global profile.
“This club had a history before Mr Abramovich arrived and had a history after,” said Mourinho.
“The first time I went to the United States with Chelsea in 2004, there was an open training session and there were about 10 kids there. Nobody cared. We could walk in the street.
“After two years, after the boom of the economic power from the owner, buying the players and winning the Premier League, reaching the Champions League semi-finals, the next year we went to the States there was an open session and there were around three or four thousand fans.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Gerrard: My worst three months
- Drogba: Fabregas will realise it is better with Chelsea
- Heskey: Liverpool would be happy with top four
- 'Sneijder set to stay at Galatasaray'
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi