- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry talks up ‘quality’ Gedion Zelalem
- Brendan Rodgers likens Philippe Coutinho to ex-Tottenham star
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Arsenal transfers: Maximilian Arnold ‘dreams’ of Gunners move
- Carragher & more: Twitter reacts as Drogba seals Chelsea return
Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet is unbelievable, says Jordan Henderson
Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson says the club's new goalkeeper Simon Mignolet is an "unbelievable" shot-stopper
Jordan Henderson has hailed new Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet as an “unbelievable” shot-stopper.
The Belgium international has impressed his former Sunderland team-mate in first-team training after completing a £9m move to the Reds from the Black Cats last month.
Mignolet faces stiff competition for the Liverpool number one shirt from long-term Reds first-choice goalkeeper Pepe Reina, who moved to Anfield in 2005.
And Henderson expects a very competitive battle between Mignolet and Reina to earn a starting spot next season as Brendan Rodgers’ men look to break into the top four.
“If you’ve seen training, and the game the other day, you saw he’s a very good goalkeeper,” Henderson told Liverpool’s website.
“He’s a very good shot stopper and, to be fair, he can do anything.
“He’s very good with the ball at his feet, has got good kicking and distribution, and his shot-stopping is unbelievable.
“It’ll definitely be interesting. Pepe [Reina] is an amazing ‘keeper, everyone knows that, so it’ll be good competition for them both.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- All of today's football transfer gossip
- Cech welcomes Chelsea legend back home
- Man Utd flop Bebe joins Benfica
- Blanc coy on Di Maria link
- Law backs Van Gaal to lead Man Utd into Europe