- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Wojciech Szczesny welcomes Arsenal signing David Ospina
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
- Gareth Bale always spoke highly of Tottenham, reveals Ben Davies
Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet is unbelievable, says Jordan Henderson
Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson says the club's new goalkeeper Simon Mignolet is an "unbelievable" shot-stopper
Jordan Henderson has hailed new Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet as an “unbelievable” shot-stopper.
The Belgium international has impressed his former Sunderland team-mate in first-team training after completing a £9m move to the Reds from the Black Cats last month.
Mignolet faces stiff competition for the Liverpool number one shirt from long-term Reds first-choice goalkeeper Pepe Reina, who moved to Anfield in 2005.
And Henderson expects a very competitive battle between Mignolet and Reina to earn a starting spot next season as Brendan Rodgers’ men look to break into the top four.
“If you’ve seen training, and the game the other day, you saw he’s a very good goalkeeper,” Henderson told Liverpool’s website.
“He’s a very good shot stopper and, to be fair, he can do anything.
“He’s very good with the ball at his feet, has got good kicking and distribution, and his shot-stopping is unbelievable.
“It’ll definitely be interesting. Pepe [Reina] is an amazing ‘keeper, everyone knows that, so it’ll be good competition for them both.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ferdinand: I wanted to stay at Man Utd
- Redknapp disbelief at Rémy's collapsed Liverpool move
- Cech rules out Chelsea exit
- Mata: Van Gaal restoring Man Utd's winning mentality
- Rodgers: Markovic will only get better and better