- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet is unbelievable, says Jordan Henderson
Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson says the club's new goalkeeper Simon Mignolet is an "unbelievable" shot-stopper
Jordan Henderson has hailed new Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet as an “unbelievable” shot-stopper.
The Belgium international has impressed his former Sunderland team-mate in first-team training after completing a £9m move to the Reds from the Black Cats last month.
Mignolet faces stiff competition for the Liverpool number one shirt from long-term Reds first-choice goalkeeper Pepe Reina, who moved to Anfield in 2005.
And Henderson expects a very competitive battle between Mignolet and Reina to earn a starting spot next season as Brendan Rodgers’ men look to break into the top four.
“If you’ve seen training, and the game the other day, you saw he’s a very good goalkeeper,” Henderson told Liverpool’s website.
“He’s a very good shot stopper and, to be fair, he can do anything.
“He’s very good with the ball at his feet, has got good kicking and distribution, and his shot-stopping is unbelievable.
“It’ll definitely be interesting. Pepe [Reina] is an amazing ‘keeper, everyone knows that, so it’ll be good competition for them both.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck
- RVP: Falcao will have to earn Man Utd place
- Rooney thrilled by Falcao arrival
- Özil marks anniversary of Arsenal move
- Kagawa and Liverpool legend seal German moves