- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd make double bid, Arsenal to sign Carvalho
- Photos: Joel Campbell and Abou Diaby shine in Arsenal U21 win
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet is unbelievable, says Jordan Henderson
Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson says the club's new goalkeeper Simon Mignolet is an "unbelievable" shot-stopper
Jordan Henderson has hailed new Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet as an “unbelievable” shot-stopper.
The Belgium international has impressed his former Sunderland team-mate in first-team training after completing a £9m move to the Reds from the Black Cats last month.
Mignolet faces stiff competition for the Liverpool number one shirt from long-term Reds first-choice goalkeeper Pepe Reina, who moved to Anfield in 2005.
And Henderson expects a very competitive battle between Mignolet and Reina to earn a starting spot next season as Brendan Rodgers’ men look to break into the top four.
“If you’ve seen training, and the game the other day, you saw he’s a very good goalkeeper,” Henderson told Liverpool’s website.
“He’s a very good shot stopper and, to be fair, he can do anything.
“He’s very good with the ball at his feet, has got good kicking and distribution, and his shot-stopping is unbelievable.
“It’ll definitely be interesting. Pepe [Reina] is an amazing ‘keeper, everyone knows that, so it’ll be good competition for them both.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rose: Liverpool will test Tottenham's potential
- Arsenal boss Wenger coy on Rabiot reports
- Kane determined to seize Spurs chance
- Kane rules out Rep of Ireland switch
- Wenger reflects on Arsenal's 'difficult' draw