- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
- Paul Scholes: Jack Wilshere can come of age at Arsenal this season
Liverpool transfers: Rodgers sure of ‘one or two’ exciting signings
Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers tells fans to expect "one or two" new signings before the close of the transfer window
Brendan Rodgers has told Liverpool fans to expect “one or two” new signings before the close of the current transfer window.
The Reds have already recruited Iago Aspas, Luis Alberto, Simon Mignolet and Kolo Touré so far this summer as Rodgers looks to build a side capable of breaking back into the top four.
And although the Northern Irishman admits that the Merseyside club are not currently close to completing any deals – the 40-year-old is still fully expecting more new arrivals at Anfield this summer.
“Nothing is close but plenty of work is going on,” Rodgers told the Liverpool Echo.
“How near or far we are, I will find out in Melbourne. There is daily dialogue going on but I am confident that we will get the one or two players who will really excite and complete the jigsaw.
“It was great to make the four signings so early on but we have still got some more work to do to strengthen the team.”
Liverpool finished seventh in the Premier League in Rodgers’ first season in charge at Anfield.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Mourinho explains Lukaku's sale to Everton
- Gerrard: Suárez too good for Arsenal
- Rodgers promises more Liverpool arrivals
- Photos: Costa & Fabregas impress v Vitesse
- Video: Fàbregas scores first Chelsea goal