- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
- Photos: Joel Campbell and Abou Diaby shine in Arsenal U21 win
Liverpool transfers: Rodgers sure of ‘one or two’ exciting signings
Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers tells fans to expect "one or two" new signings before the close of the transfer window
Brendan Rodgers has told Liverpool fans to expect “one or two” new signings before the close of the current transfer window.
The Reds have already recruited Iago Aspas, Luis Alberto, Simon Mignolet and Kolo Touré so far this summer as Rodgers looks to build a side capable of breaking back into the top four.
And although the Northern Irishman admits that the Merseyside club are not currently close to completing any deals – the 40-year-old is still fully expecting more new arrivals at Anfield this summer.
“Nothing is close but plenty of work is going on,” Rodgers told the Liverpool Echo.
“How near or far we are, I will find out in Melbourne. There is daily dialogue going on but I am confident that we will get the one or two players who will really excite and complete the jigsaw.
“It was great to make the four signings so early on but we have still got some more work to do to strengthen the team.”
Liverpool finished seventh in the Premier League in Rodgers’ first season in charge at Anfield.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Man Utd confirm Blind agreement
- Sinclair urges Chelsea to swoop for Rémy
- Brondby confirm Agger talks
- Sherwood 'very impressed' by Pochettino
- Carragher shocked by Ferguson criticism