- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Wojciech Szczesny welcomes Arsenal signing David Ospina
- Gareth Bale always spoke highly of Tottenham, reveals Ben Davies
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd monitor Di Maria, Arsenal chase Costa
Liverpool transfers: Frank de Boer won’t deny Christian Eriksen move
Liverpool transfers: Ajax manager Frank de Boer says he won't deny Christian Eriksen a move to Anfield
Frank de Boer has admitted he can understand why Christian Eriksen wants to join Liverpool – and the Ajax manager insists he won’t deny the midfielder his Anfield move.
The Denmark international had been heavily linked with a move Borussia Dortmund before Jürgen Klopp signed Henrikh Mkhitaryan as a replacement for Mario Götze.
Liverpool have been regularly linked with the 21-year-old this season after the midfielder scored 13 goals and made 18 assists in Ajax’s title-winning season.
With Brendan Rodgers missing out on Dortmund’s new Armenia international, the Reds are believed to be stepping up their pursuit of Eriksen, and De Boer hinted the final decision over a move rests with playmaker.
“It is up to Christian what he wants,” said De Boer. “If he feels good going to Liverpool, then it is up to him.
“I would want nothing more than having him with us for a few more years.
“But we realise the interest in this kind of player is huge. And I can also understand that he wants to make another step in his career. I can’t stop him.”
Eriksen, who has been heavily linked with a move to Liverpool in recent months, has scored 29 top-flight goals over the past three seasons to help Ajax win three successive Eredivisie titles.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Lovren can't wait to link up with Liverpool squad
- Rodgers: Lovren an important Liverpool signing
- Liverpool complete £20m Lovren signing
- Arsenal target Griezmann set to join Atletico