- Aaron Ramsey thrilled to see Theo Walcott return to Arsenal training
- Photos: Alexis Sánchez joins Arsenal squad ahead of Emirates Cup
- No player too big for Arsenal, Arsène Wenger tells Liverpool captain
- Photos: Jack Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere in best shape for years, declares Arsène Wenger
Liverpool transfers: Ryan Bertrand focused on Chelsea future
Liverpool transfers: Chelsea defender Ryan Bertrand says he is focused on becoming the club's first-choice left-back next term
Ryan Bertrand has ruled out a move away from Chelsea this summer amid speculation Liverpool are lining up a bid for the Blues defender.
The England international has acted as back-up for Ashley Cole over the past two seasons as the left-back failed to dislodge his senior team-mate.
Bertrand said: “I have been on loan four or five times but then there comes a time when you have to say, ‘Right, I am going to spend some time back at the club and see what happens.’
“Obviously I want to be Chelsea’s No1 left-back, and when that time comes it will happen.
“All I can do is be ready and keep playing, keep biding my time.
“I just concentrate on progressing in the games I get, and I’ve managed to do so in recent years. That’s the only target I have.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodríguez urges Cuadrado to join Barcelona
- 'Van Gaal won't make same mistakes as Moyes'
- Lamela hoping for 'big season' at Spurs
- Ramsey thrilled to see Walcott return to training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Wenger tells Gerrard