- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal rules out any further signings
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd to sign £34m Vidal, Arsenal target Cavani
- Wenger gives latest Arsenal injury update ahead of Besiktas clash
- Photos: Podolski and Sánchez ready for Arsenal’s European showdown
- Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger refuses to rule out further signings
- Photos: Man Utd unveil new £59.7m signing Angel Di Maria
Man Utd transfers: Bayern tight-lipped on Thiago speculation
Man Utd transfers: Bayern Munich sporting director Matthias Sammer plays down reports linking the club with Thiago Alcantara
Matthias Sammer has remained tight-lipped on speculation linking Barcelona midfielder Thiago Alcantara with a move to Bayern Munich.
Manchester United have been heavily linked with a swoop for the young playmaker, who is available for £18m due to a clause in his contract which remains active until the end of July.
Thiago was limited to just 15 starts in La Liga last season, scoring two goals and making five assists as the Spain Under-21 international failed to dislodge the likes of Andrés Iniesta, Cesc Fàbregas and Xavi.
But Bayern sporting director Sammer rubbished reports the Champions League holders had agreed a deal for the 22-year-old.
“Why would we not communicate it if something was signed? No, of course that is not the case,” Thiago told German newspaper Bild am Sonntag.
On Friday, Pep Guardiola admitted he wanted to sign Thiago this summer after being officially unveiled as Bayern’s new manager.
“Yes,” Guardiola said.
“I don’t know what’s going to happen. We have to wait. I know him very, very well. He is a super, super player. He can play in three, four or five positions.”
He added: “It is either Thiago or nothing.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Di Maria seals Man Utd move
- Allen 'excited to work' with Balotelli
- Di Maria will need time to adapt, warns Van Gaal
- Rodgers: Balotelli could feature at Spurs
- Di Maria didn't want to leave Real Madrid