- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
Man Utd transfers: Celtic’s Beram Kayal ‘can replace Victor Wanyama’
Man Utd transfers: Celtic midfielder Beram Kayal believes he can replace Victor Wanyama if the midfielder leaves this summer
Beram Kayal believes he can replace Victor Wanyama if the Celtic midfielder moves to the Premier League this summer.
In June, the talismanic midfielder’s agent played down the chances of Wanyama joining the Saints after the south coast club were reported to have launched a bid.
But Kayal is confident he can fill the African’s void should he seal a move away from Parkhead.
“I’m happy if the gaffer says I’m the man to come in and play all the games,” Kayal told the Daily Record.
“Victor’s a great player, and a great friend to me, too.
“We play together in the midfield and he has proved himself in the Champions League that he’s a great player at the highest level.
“If he goes, we’ll be losing a great player and a great friend and I’ll work hard to get into the team. I just want to come back and show everyone the real Beram Kayal.
“I’m 100 per cent and can play all the games and give my best.
“But I don’t decide whether the club buys players or doesn’t buy players because that’s the gaffer’s job.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- 'Saints will struggle to keep Schneiderlin'
- Everton need Lukaku, says Osman
- Chambers reflects on 'whirlwind' eight months
- Van Gaal hails Man Utd's 'best win'
- 'Man Utd target Vidal is irreplaceable'