- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
Man Utd transfers: Celtic’s Beram Kayal ‘can replace Victor Wanyama’
Man Utd transfers: Celtic midfielder Beram Kayal believes he can replace Victor Wanyama if the midfielder leaves this summer
Beram Kayal believes he can replace Victor Wanyama if the Celtic midfielder moves to the Premier League this summer.
In June, the talismanic midfielder’s agent played down the chances of Wanyama joining the Saints after the south coast club were reported to have launched a bid.
But Kayal is confident he can fill the African’s void should he seal a move away from Parkhead.
“I’m happy if the gaffer says I’m the man to come in and play all the games,” Kayal told the Daily Record.
“Victor’s a great player, and a great friend to me, too.
“We play together in the midfield and he has proved himself in the Champions League that he’s a great player at the highest level.
“If he goes, we’ll be losing a great player and a great friend and I’ll work hard to get into the team. I just want to come back and show everyone the real Beram Kayal.
“I’m 100 per cent and can play all the games and give my best.
“But I don’t decide whether the club buys players or doesn’t buy players because that’s the gaffer’s job.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck